Thread: Hello from North Yorkshire!

Hello from North Yorkshire!

Hello everyone! My name's Phil and I've just joined from the very north of North Yorkshire. I've been shooting since I was a lad, using a trusty BSA Meteor which belonged to my dad since HE was a lad! Just agreed to buy a Weihrauch HW99 as a step up from the Meteor. Used to hunt quite a lot with my uncle using air rifle, shotgun and rimfire, although he lost interest and sold most of his guns. I come from a farming family and used to shoot at my cousins place, and have recently started a new job working over three farms which are crawling with bunnies!

Other hobbies include model engineering, driving our traction engine, sailing, fishing, motorbikes and home brewing!

Looking forward to getting to know people
    Phil

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

Hi Phil,welcome to the forum, lots of motorcylist/ shooters on here , myself among them
    i also love real ale none of that lager rubbish, lots of help and info on here, post away.
    atb brian

A very warm welcome to this fine forum Phil, it’s good to have you join us ………………….…

Thank you for the greetings everyone! Its always good to be able to chat to likeminded people

Brian, any time you're up in the 'Shire you're more than welcome to try out the latest brews from my shed! No lager rubbish in there either, no "cans of syrup" brews either! All brewed in the proper way from malt, hops, water and yeast!

Cheers!
    Phil

bunnyblatter Guest

Hi phil

Hi mate welcome on board
    What type of fishing do you enjoy
    I get up to woodlands and the oaks occasionally

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Wow Phils speaks English and he lives in Yorkshire , they are civilised afterall .

Welcome to the forum mate, Yorkshires a beautiful place by the way, well most of it anyway .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Wow Phils speaks English and he lives in Yorkshire , they are civilised afterall .

Welcome to the forum mate, Yorkshires a beautiful place by the way, well most of it anyway .
    Mr Pot white courtesy phone Mr Pot white courtesy phone you have a call waiting from Mr kettle
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    'Ow do mate, welcome to the mad house.
    Always good to see another face from god's country

Paul
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Cheers for the extra greetings! I like coarse and sea fishing and just getting into fly fishing - a bloke at work is teaching me the finer points at the moment! Paul - I'm not far from you in Richmond! I live just down the road in Yarm!

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    Mr Pot white courtesy phone Mr Pot white courtesy phone you have a call waiting from Mr kettle
    Oh hello Carl, fancy meeting you here . Is the electrickery working in Saltburn in the wilds tonight then .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

I bought my motorhome from a bloke in Saltburn also bought my first tin of field and target trophy pellets there too! Can't beat a nice day out at Saltburn - up and down the switchback, a ride on the funicular, a pint in the pub on the seafront and fish and chips from that place by the pier even squeeze in a bit of surfing if i'm feeling energtic!

Hi and welcome

Welcome Phil, you certainly are from the very north and I'm from the very south of the county.

Smile

Welcome pal have fun