Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTC Connect -on a springer?

MTC Connect -on a springer?

Anyone got any thoughts or tried it, and what a scope.I looked through one during a dark and wet (bucketing down) HFT comp and was amazed by its clarity.I`d considered mounting one of the eight doughnuts to the occular end.Harry
    B][/B] .177.Venom Lazerglide HW80(1992)http://s152tobucket.com/albums/s168/...t=19e893ae.pbw

be a hero Harry, its not really recomended for anything that recoils unless you like black eyes!!!!!!
    regds brian

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    be a hero Harry, its not really recomended for anything that recoils unless you like black eyes!!!!!!
    regds brian
    I may need all eight of those doughnuts/ or am I one myself? Seriously anyone tried it?
    B][/B] .177.Venom Lazerglide HW80(1992)http://s152tobucket.com/albums/s168/...t=19e893ae.pbw

you could be the first to ignore the instructions on the box "not for recoiling rifles". Remember to post pics of the resulting damage/bruising to your head as a warning to others

DON'T - the whole point of the VIPER CONNECT is to be close to the eye -literally within milimeters of the eye. Put it on a springer and you will get a blackeye or worse a cut eye. Even on a FAC PCP where the recoil is almost zero you still feel it against the eye.
    Weihrauch HW100T .177 with MTC Viper Connect

i have a connect fitted to a fx verminator .177,
    where it performs realy well and is suited to such a compact airgun,
    regds brian

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I've experienced a smack to the eyebrow from a webley exocet trying to get too close to the scope. It really, really flipping (careful choice of words there) hurts.

I use the connect on a hw100 and a stealth and like it a lot, but I wouldn't try it on a springer, I don't use the squishy rubber thingy, straight up to the metal. I just prefer it that way.

Dave

I have not tried it but I would think on a gun like a Tx-200 or a HW97 it would be fine if you use the rubber eye piece. I'm using it on a R-10 FAC and I could set it up on a old BSA super star and see is it hurts not sure I can be botherede with the re-zeroing involved to doing the test. But I'm sure if on a heavy spring gun and using the rubber eye piece you will be fine. How about giving MTC a Call and asking i'm sure they would have tested it.

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014
    Just try it and if it dont work youll be the first doughnut with a black eye

The clue is in the name of the scope - you will have Connect-ion

If you try it, just make sure you get someone to video it & stck it on youtube
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/
    Staffordshire Custom Rifles - Maverick & MTC Connect

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ramshead View Post
    If you try it, just make sure you get someone to video it & stck it on youtube
    BRILLIANT

Sorry to throw a spanner in here but Gary loaned me one of the first model Connects to field test and I did so with it sitting on a Ruger 10/22. I never suffered so much as a flinch caused by the 'scope kiss', even when rapidly emptying the 25 shot magazine.
    It did have the rubber eye cup fitted ( and I did let my mate 'have a go' first ) Perhaps the eye relief on the earlier models was fractionally different but it was most comfortable to shoot with and I'll buy another as soon as funds allow for a similar rifle I'm setting up.

Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Lightbulb

Many thanks for all the advice and a good chuckle to boot regards Harry

I was in a really awkward position a while ago trying to get a shot at a woodie. I was sort of lying on a slope head downwards whilst pointing my Hw97 upwards. Without realising the eyebell was touching me slightly I squeezed and straight away felt that warm trickle running down my face! I had a perfect semicircle cut into my eyebrow, took an age for the cut to heal - don't do it!!