Thread: 1377 pump slap, noise reduction?

1377 pump slap, noise reduction?

Has anyone found an effective way of reducing the CLACK sound of the pump arm on the 1377. I've tried a few things, but no real success. Can't seem to find out if its just one part hitting another, or the entire length that needs dampening. I always think of "Punch & Judy" when using it!!!
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    Has anyone found an effective way of reducing the CLACK sound of the pump arm on the 1377. I've tried a few things, but no real success. Can't seem to find out if its just one part hitting another, or the entire length that needs dampening. I always think of "Punch & Judy" when using it!!!
    Ha ha, I don't miss that sound. It's even worse when the CLACK is accompanied by a trapped finger or bit of skin!

I guess the only thing you could try is a couple of lines of sticky back padding of some sort. As long as the lever is able to return home then it'll be fine. It's been a while since I had one so I can't remember exactly how they look on the under-side.

Few lads on here have them, they may chirp up soon enough

How are you holding it?
    If you hold the gun in your left hand, with the breach in your palm and the pistol grip sticking out of your cupped hand, you should be able to pump it with your right hand very quickly, quietly and easily.
    Pumping with one hand whilst holding the gun by its pistol grip with the other is both difficult and noisy.
    Try it - might be an easy solution...

If you think the pistol is noisy , you should try the 760 rifle , all that plastic makes the sound resonate even more.
    I would try a bit of foam rubber just to soften the impact.
    daz
    .177 Daystate Regal
    .177 AA TDR .177 HW 97kt .177 Falcon FN8 .177 Beeman P98
    .177 rules it does for me