Thread: 10 Gauge B.P. (saluting) blanks, Winchester or Eley type, source / dealer info.

edbear2 Guest

10 Gauge B.P. (saluting) blanks, Winchester or Eley type, source / dealer info.

As above, does anyone know of a source please (may have asked before, but can't remember if I got around to it after being asked).

Many thanks in advance for any pointers,

ATB, Ed

Oh dear

What are you up to now

I have a feeling Dyson might sell them for the old winchester cannons, or perhaps somebody like Micks Guns may have some.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    I have a feeling Dyson might sell them for the old winchester cannons, or perhaps somebody like Micks Guns may have some.
    Thanks!...They are for model 98 cannon, but the owner struggles to email, let alone search on the internet!...he is terrified that if he even clicks on any website, his bank account and identity will be hacked / stolen

I try and help, and explain how much information and interesting stuff he would find, but it is a case of "I've done without it for 60+ years, don't need to start now".

No mobile phone either...may be a blessing actually to ignore it all!

Thanks M,

Regards, Ed

See if he can get a 10 bore to 12 bore adaptor and get some 12 bore saluting blanks from Henry krank's

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    (may have asked before, but can't remember if I got around to it after being asked).
    Yes you did, post #16 here, http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-powder-blanks

The dealer whose name I couldn't remember was Ray Mills, http://www.raymills.co.uk/ he might be able to help.

Mick Shepherd listed them at the time, I don't know if he still lists them.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by acmsarh View Post
    Brill, many thanks as drawn a blank....see what I did there!...with the two enquires to mentioned possible sources. I also can't believe I did not think of a reducer, but to be honest the Krank alarm shells would be a bit anaemic compared to 10's...It's smoke and volume we need

Thanks all, and well remembered George!

ATB, Ed

I am working in Romania at the moment but when i get back after the 23 rd if you can send me a fired cartridge out of the m98 cannon I will make you an adaptor FOC for 10g to 12.
    The 12 bore blank in black powder is no slouch on noise or flash.
    Last edited by acmsarh; 13-11-2012 at 10:20 PM.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Our yacht club uses 10 ga cannon for starting races & they were getting hard to source, Eley aparently stopped stocking 10ga blanks earlier this year, they were having them loaded by another company but wouldnt say who!
    Just cartidges do 12ga long blanks.
    However we just found a good source of 10 ga blanks through Medway yacht club who get through a lot of them, will try & find out where they get them.