Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shoot needed

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    Mate good luck, Ive been looking for a year with NO results at all :/ I do however live in the south-east, which , as other threads have recorded, is heavily populated and short of land
    Mark

maryson Guest
    Thanks i should have sussed this was a bad idea but befor i moved the local farmer was a neighbour and i had many acres, enough to do a little flight shooting with my compound. Somtimes you take things for granted

Quote Originally Posted by Landswehr
    Well matey - it sure ain't for a subterranean shooting gallery!

The reason for your response is that you've hit a nerve. We had a spate of ignorant idiots on here a while back, appearing and basically demanding shoots ...... which are damned hard to get and guarded jealously by their owners.

Now you know!

subterranean shooting gallery.

Kev. (Cambs.) Guest
    On the premise that you are a genuine guy, and not some invented avatar -

Try these

http://www.herewardftc.co.uk/

http://www.ntsc-online.org.uk/

Kibworth Shooting Grounds

all about 25-30miles away from you.

Alternatively, your best bet call into your local shooting emporium and 'befriend' either the owner, or one of his best customers to see if you can blag some shooting.

Failing that do what 98% of the rest of us have done,......get out of the house into the real world and knock on some doors. The internet is good for a lot of things but getting you shoots is not one of them.

If on the other hand you are some ar$ehole wasting everybodies time, then FO&D

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Kev,

You only get to shoot steel at Kibworth mate
    We have a good club and facilities however, should that be sufficient to scratch your itch!

Regards,
    Steven

maryson Guest
    Yes i know about leg work and obviously i have doors to knock on, my only mistake was to think that a forum for shooters might have a few local contacts it seems to be the way things are done in archery, but i willl avoid making this mistake again. Lucky for me my Grandfather does the rounds with a crate of whisky for the local land owners who give him shoots and now i am close enough to benefit, as i said before thought there might be somone on here i could meet up with and shoot not realising it was criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by maryson
    Yes i know about leg work and obviously i have doors to knock on, my only mistake was to think that a forum for shooters might have a few local contacts it seems to be the way things are done in archery, but i willl avoid making this mistake again. Lucky for me my Grandfather does the rounds with a crate of whisky for the local land owners who give him shoots and now i am close enough to benefit, as i said before thought there might be somone on here i could meet up with and shoot not realising it was criminal.
    Don't take it all to heart. You asked possibly the worst question you could in almost total ignorance of what you were actually doing. Putting it in perspective, you've more chance of getting the phone number to a members girlfriend.

Like some others, I surprised you missed the message that has been knocking around for the last week or so. In some places shooting 'land' is so scarce some are willing to pay for it. Did you miss this?

If you have your own family links to landowners, you probably need look no further. Otherwise, start networking with other shooters in your area, and maybe get ready to start knocking on doors.

Good luck.
    To be good, one must do good.