Thread: HW40/Which pellet

HW40/Which pellet

Hi there just bought my HW40 pistol and have starting shooting Geco,s through it are these one of the best pellets to use or will jsb domed or similar pellets better to use.
    thanks
    debs

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Hi there just bought my HW40 pistol and have starting shooting Geco,s through it are these one of the best pellets to use or will jsb domed or similar pellets better to use.
    thanks
    debs
    I'm no expert on the pellet subject. I shoot at 20ft, max, just over the 6yd comp distance. All my pistols are in the signature at the bottom of my posts, and in all of them I use Geco's or RWS Hobbies 7grn wadcutters. Never tried any others because they've always grouped well & are a good price ( I shoot daily, for hours) Hope this reassures.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

HW40/pellets

Hi peteswright thanks for the feedback, i will be going in the garden tomorrow to do some testing with geco,s and domed 8.4 pellets. Will be testing over 6yds or 20feet.
    thanks
    debs

I use Geco flathead as well in all my pistols. When you get to a high level of accuracy that is the time to try other pellets with a higher degree of quality (consistent weight/size of pellet) such as R10s. Until then save your money.
    Regards, Phil

Hi Debs

I use flat headed Hobbies over 6 yds - they seem pretty good - when I shoot the paper targets for the UBC 6 yard competitions (using targets printed on ordinary A4 paper slotted into a target holder), I switch to domed pellets (defiants, daystate Lis - whatever is to hand) becasue they make cleaner holes in the paper. There doesn't seem to be a difference in the grouping (though my groups are not that tight with either!)

the only pellet my hw40 really doesn't like is a pointed pellet - can't remember what it is called - but that is possibly becuase they are too loose in the barrel rather than the shape.

ATB

Jon

Hw40/which pellet

Hi guys thanks for the pellet advice, had a good testing session in the garden at around 6yds and the Geco,s shoot just as good as the JSB 8.4 hardlys any difference. Thanks for the pellet advice really appreciated.
    Thanks
    debs

Hw40

The 40 is a good little pistol all round,

but I did find that a good quality domed was most accurate,

and when using a part tin up discovered it was deadly with 4.51 in domed,

won a pistol comp with it at Kibby some years back, HTH, Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    I'm no expert on the pellet subject. I shoot at 20ft, max, just over the 6yd comp distance. All my pistols are in the signature at the bottom of my posts, and in all of them I use Geco's or RWS Hobbies 7grn wadcutters. Never tried any others because they've always grouped well & are a good price ( I shoot daily, for hours) Hope this reassures.
    As above, really. The Hobby, in both calibres, is my favourite pistol pellet. All my pistols seem to like them and are accurate with them. They're light ( so faster ), always seem consistent, and they're cheap, too!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!