Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed New Scoring for MPL 2013.

Proposed New Scoring for MPL 2013.

The first season of the MPL has been very successful and has given a lot of new interest and pleasure to many people and so the rules for 2013 should also stay the same to provide continuity and stability.

However, right from the start we said we would review the scoring process once we had gained some real life experience with the scoring up and scoring down and bonus points we use for different catagories of pistol ( kickers and recoiless).

Basically we think everything is working well enough, but the scoring process itself could be made a bit easier if all the scoring was done the same way, but with some bonus points simply being added when the shooter is using a "kicker".

My proposal is that starting with 2013 Round One all scoring on all cards are scored UP in the regular way, but anyone using a "kicker" has 4 bonus points added to each card.

Observations so far suggest that this will work very much the same way as it does now, but it will be much easier for the scorers to work with as all cards can be scored in the same way. Scoring some cards up and then some cards down make's it a little harder to keep consistant, and now that we have come up with a more simple way of getting a similar end result we should make the change.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thumbs up Mpl 2013 new scoring proposal.

Firstly thank you Bob for bringing the MPL league to us and I hope that I can speak for both competing teams how enjoyable the shooting and banter is!
    As the official or even the un official scorer for RMTC, having to differentiate between kickers and non kickers even at my time of life taxes the only Brain cell I have to its limit, and I'm sure that all round this would be a great idea, especially knowing that our kicker fraternity will not loose out on the deal, in fact they may even gain!
    So my vote is a YES, and hopefully anyone else out there will also vote accordingly.
    Go for it Bob, and thanks again for the MPL and long may she rein.

Just after its took me six months to explain the scoring system to some of the Rivi members.

Its a bit like painting the Forth bridge. By the time youve got the idea into latest members head the first one has forgot it.

If it aint broke - dont fix it.
    ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Gee thanks Bob , just as i get my Gamo Centre and HW 45 ?????, i will really have to put some loft range time in now. PS I have just installed an old unwanted barn door to try and hit.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Gee thanks Bob , just as i get my Gamo Centre and HW 45 ?????, i will really have to put some loft range time in now. PS I have just installed an old unwanted barn door to try and hit.
    The new scoring system will make life easier for the scorer and easier for everyone to check the scores.

I don't expect to see any significant changes in any of the scores due to this change, but I do expect it to be easier to work with and easier to check.

If you are getting an HW45 the barn door will come in handy - but is unlikely to suffer too much damage

Joining the GAMO Gang is the best thing you could have done to improve your MPL scores, and making the cards easier to score won't make any difference to you or the Centres abilty to maximise the MPL rules.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The new scoring system will make life easier for the scorer and easier for everyone to check the scores.

I don't expect to see any significant changes in any of the scores due to this change, but I do expect it to be easier to work with and easier to check.

If you are getting an HW45 the barn door will come in handy - but is unlikely to suffer too much damage

Joining the GAMO Gang is the best thing you could have done to improve your MPL scores, and making the cards easier to score won't make any difference to you or the Centres abilty to maximise the MPL rules.
    What may suffer some collateral damage is our central heating boiler, it`s fairly close to the bell target and pellet catcher, shooting the Gamo, FWB, 6M and the 300s not a problem, but a 45 may mean a bit of Chobham Armour having to be fitted.

What may suffer some collateral damage is our central heating boiler, it`s fairly close to the bell target and pellet catcher, shooting the Gamo, FWB, 6M and the 300s not a problem, but a 45 may mean a bit of Chobham Armour having to be fitted.
    Try throwing the HW45 at the barn door - you will have more chance of hitting it and saving your boiler !

Thumbs up MPL proposed scoring for 2012

This is not my original thread as my first reply which should have been at 1 pm today some how has got lost amongst the network and hopefully will be retrieved (watch this space).

Anyway, as the RMTC official or unofficial scorer, I would like to put in my two penneth and give Bob a big thumbs up! It's difficult enough trying to sus out who are using kickers and who are not especially when the culprits do not let you know. Also as I score up in other leagues trying to remember to score down and/or score up can sometimes tax even my brain. So this is a big yes for me and would also like to point out that people with kickers get 4 points added on per card giving them a total if my maths is correct of plus 16 points onto their overall score. Come on lads surely that's enough!

So for me Bob you get my vote and it is a yes.

Try throwing the HW45 at the barn door - you will have more chance of hitting it and saving your boiler !
    Probably not because i throw left handed ,no ! i forget the HW has ambi grips so i may stand a chance

Probably not because i throw left handed ,no ! i forget the HW has ambi grips so i may stand a chance
    Practise throwing your HW45 from the Humber Bridge - make sure you are about half way across and there is no shipping abut and it will be the best it will ever perform and give you something nice to remember about about it as it hits the water - probably the only thing it will ever hit that was actually intended!

Making the scoring system the same, i.e. standard upward scoring, makes a lot of sense, but we need to make sure that some of the match pistols don't become fly away winners.

I suppose one way would be to handicap guns/certain power sources, like +1 per card for a springer, -1 for PCP, etc.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Practise throwing your HW45 from the Humber Bridge - make sure you are about half way across and there is no shipping abut and it will be the best it will ever perform and give you something nice to remember about about it as it hits the water - probably the only thing it will ever hit that was actually intended!
    Iv`e not got it yet Bob i`m only surmising , any how i can`t practice chucking it off the Humber Bridge , unless it`s on elastic or is that a different method of dry firing ? AND i`m not driving all the way to the Humber Bridge, with the cost of fuel, i could buy a pcp with it.

I think we have wandered a bit off theme with this thread so we had better behave

Anything that makes the scoring easier gets my vote! After years of Inward scoring this Outward business does my little head in.
    So, Inward it is for EVERYONE plus 4 points per card for 'boingers'. If they dont mark on their card what pistol they used (and witness and their name) their score is invalid anyway !!!!!!

Now. How am I going to explain to some of the Rivi pistol shooters what 'explain' means when some dont even know what pistol they are using?

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks everyone - lets go for it and make life a little easier for us all.

........except Ian who has to explain it all to the Rivvy shooters who will (in time honoured fashion) make life as difficult as possible for him!

I think it's just a sign of affection really.