Thread: Proposed New Scoring for MPL 2013.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    John, it depends on whether you add 3 per card or 12 per round score as to whether you apply a limit of 50 per card.

You need to ask "the man from Del Monte" his opinion as apparently, his word is FINAL
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I would never argue with "da man" Mike but I think they are scored individually, so if all goes well on a card & you master the kick you still get marked up to a max of 50 just not above. The +3 would still be there as an insentive to use kickers for most people without giving to big an advantage to the ones that prefer them.
    Most of the bonous point argument on here has been about the advantage being to much when for most new shooters it probably isn't enough, if you stick a gamo compact in a new shooters hand with a bit of training & practice groups will come quite quickly. Take that same new shooter & stick a kicker in their hand & it will take a lot longer & a lot more training to get the same result.

I agree John that any new shooters will take time to achieve consistency and the incentive of bonus points is an encouragement to use a "kicker".

The separate argument is that Paul and yourself are working within the rules of the competition and if +3 gives you a score on the occasional card in excess of 50 then don't be embarrassed about it, you're still operating on a level playing field and your scores are relative. The only advantage you both enjoy is your individual skill in shooting a "kicker" consistently well.

It's like telling Dani Pedrosa "You only weigh 57kg , so we'll put 15 kg of lead on your bike to make it fair for the others" in Moto GP.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Make it 60kg & I've got a chance