Before we started the MPL we checked a series of cards from a number of shooters and found (surprisingly) that on average it was not unusual to touch or cut a line up to four times in every 5 shots - but this also varied quite a bit as you would expect.

We also wanted to try and encourage the use of "kickers" and realised the only way to do this would be to find a way to include a sort of handicap system so we could even up the scores a little between those that used recoiless pistols and those that used kickers.

The system we came up with does work well, but could be made simper, and that is all I am suggesting we do.

No actual rule changes are needed - but making the cards easier to score must be a benefit for all of us.

Right from the start we said we would check to see if the handicap systen we had come up with would need any tweaks ( either way) in case it was seen to be too generous or not generous enough to give an even balance between the two types, but this would not be done until the end of the first season that will end in December this year - so now is a good time to discuss it.

The revised scoring system will not start until Round One of the first 6 month 2013 season in January, and will last until the end of June when we can look at it again before the start of the second 6 month season that will start in July and end in December as this first season has done.

My proposal ( and it is only a proposal - as stated) is to make things easier for scoring and I am suggesting that the bonus points for the kickers should be +4 points per card as that should give us a very similar situation to what we have now.

Changing the scoring system so every card can be scored in the same way should not be a problem to anyone - it makes it easier for us all - so I think the ONLY point of serious debate or concern should be the size of the bonus points we add to the kickers score, bearing in mind they are more difficult to shoot consistantly and we are only trying to give an eqaul oportunity for both types of pistol - not an easy task - and most definately NOT a science !

The proposed +4 points should keep everything just about where it is now.

If you think +4 points is too much ( or too little) then let me know. I am hoping we don't just get all those with kickers saying it is not enough, and all those with recoiless saying it is too much!.......if this happens then I will have to make the judgement that you cancel each other out and so what we have suggested is about right!

Just to let you know where I stand on this, I shoot both types (and will continue to do so), but I think right now we may have tipped the scales slightly in favour of the kickers, and if everyone else thinks that is the case then maybe the bonus points per card could be revised downwards to +3 points per card - but certainly no lower than that.

At the end of June we can look again to see how sucessful our guesswork has been and make another small tweak if we think we have made a mistake.