Thread: Proposed New Scoring for MPL 2013.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Try throwing the HW45 at the barn door - you will have more chance of hitting it and saving your boiler !
    Probably not because i throw left handed ,no ! i forget the HW has ambi grips so i may stand a chance

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Probably not because i throw left handed ,no ! i forget the HW has ambi grips so i may stand a chance
    Practise throwing your HW45 from the Humber Bridge - make sure you are about half way across and there is no shipping abut and it will be the best it will ever perform and give you something nice to remember about about it as it hits the water - probably the only thing it will ever hit that was actually intended!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Making the scoring system the same, i.e. standard upward scoring, makes a lot of sense, but we need to make sure that some of the match pistols don't become fly away winners.

I suppose one way would be to handicap guns/certain power sources, like +1 per card for a springer, -1 for PCP, etc.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    Making the scoring system the same, i.e. standard upward scoring, makes a lot of sense, but we need to make sure that some of the match pistols don't become fly away winners.

I suppose one way would be to handicap guns/certain power sources, like +1 per card for a springer, -1 for PCP, etc.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Just to re-cap:- As from 1st January 2013.

All MPL cards are scored UP in the normal way.

Kickers get a +4 point bonus per card.

There is no chance whatsoever of the match pistols running away with it - that's what the MPL is all about.

As for PCP pistols - check the MPL rules - they have always been banned and are stil banned.

MPL stands for Muscle Power League - all energy needed to propel any MPL pistol has to come from the human muscles - not a pre-charged cylinder of any sort.

All pistols used are either spring powered or SSP - both need Muscle Power to cock them - anything other then this is banned from the MPL.
    Last edited by zooma; 17-11-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Well spotted Bob I did, in fact, mean SSP, as I am aware PCPs are not allowed.

Bit harsh, however! just me typing faster than I pay attention.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Last edited by p.m.h; 17-11-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    Well spotted Bob I did, in fact, mean SSP, as I am aware PCPs are not allowed.

Bit harsh, however! just me typing faster than I pay attention.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Not a problem Phil,

There must be a few people that are reading all this MPL stuff that are wondering what it is all about sometimes, so the oportunity to briefly sumarise the MPL content is a good thing to do now and again.

The MPL was originaly conceived to encourage the use of Classic air pistols , partly for nostalgic reasons on my part, and for the pleasure of finding an excuse to get these old treasures out of the retirement cupboard and onto the range where they can be used and enjoyed again. One of the other big reasons for getting the MPL up and running was to encourage more interest in 10 meter air pistol shooting at a price more people can afford.

It is not only newcomers and those that are just starting and may not want to invest a lot of cash in a top PCP match pistol, but others that may have already invested a stack of cash in air rifle shooting that have been tempted and encouraged to "have a go" in a competition that is neither too demanding of their time or their pocket so they can have a go without adversly affecting their main interest.

To be honest the MPL has been a great success for both of the clubs that have had a go at it, and it has provided a lot of fun at a budget price, with the biggest winner being the sport itself.

Practise throwing your HW45 from the Humber Bridge - make sure you are about half way across and there is no shipping abut and it will be the best it will ever perform and give you something nice to remember about about it as it hits the water - probably the only thing it will ever hit that was actually intended!
    Iv`e not got it yet Bob i`m only surmising , any how i can`t practice chucking it off the Humber Bridge , unless it`s on elastic or is that a different method of dry firing ? AND i`m not driving all the way to the Humber Bridge, with the cost of fuel, i could buy a pcp with it.

I think we have wandered a bit off theme with this thread so we had better behave

Anything that makes the scoring easier gets my vote! After years of Inward scoring this Outward business does my little head in.
    So, Inward it is for EVERYONE plus 4 points per card for 'boingers'. If they dont mark on their card what pistol they used (and witness and their name) their score is invalid anyway !!!!!!

Now. How am I going to explain to some of the Rivi pistol shooters what 'explain' means when some dont even know what pistol they are using?

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks everyone - lets go for it and make life a little easier for us all.

........except Ian who has to explain it all to the Rivvy shooters who will (in time honoured fashion) make life as difficult as possible for him!

I think it's just a sign of affection really.

Thanks everyone - lets go for it and make life a little easier for us all.

........except Ian who has to explain it all to the Rivvy shooters who will (in time honoured fashion) make life as difficult as possible for him!

I think it's just a sign of affection really.
    '... make things as difficult as possible for him ....' I swear some of our members have gone to night school to brush up on this subject!

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk