Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HW45 - other options?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Check out the grip on the HW40. I found it wasn't good for my hand. And the design doesn't allow an aftermarket grip to be fitted. It is also rather slick. This can be helped by adding 'stipple' to the plastic (either with a Dremel or soldering iron). That works, but devalues the pistol (should you wish to sell it on later).

Tru-glo sights: I think they're great for shooting at anything other than match cards. I didn't think I'd like them, but I did Although you may not ... HTH
    The grip on the Gamo Compact is great BTW

Whilst I like the HW45 I think it is pricey new,much better to buy second hand and let someone else take the burn on it.
    The HW40 is a nasty little pistol,plasticky and feels cheap even though it isn't very.
    I had one and the trigger was dreadful,the sprung first stage kept going slack all the time no matter what I did even threadlocking the adjustment screw in place.
    The rear sight kept coming loose as well,glad to be shot of it in the end.

The Diana LP8 is a very good pistol. It costs about the same as the HW45 and has a similar power level.
    It is a refined and very well made break barrel and with its longer barrel, probably more accurate and certainly a lot less ubiquitous than the very common HW45.