Thread: Umarex H&K P30

Airbrush Guest

Umarex H&K P30

I'm thinking about getting a CO2 pistol for my lad (& me) but don't know the first thing about them tbh.

I've doing some googling & this pistol came up, it shoots .177 pellets plus BB's which I quite like the sound of, is it any good?

If you do get one stick to pellets,BBs in a rifled barrel isnt a good idea.
    Even better get a 1911,CP88 or Beretta 92,cheper than the P30,pellet shooters and nearly all metal so nice and weighty in the hand.

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smallman28 View Post
    If you do get one stick to pellets,BBs in a rifled barrel isnt a good idea.
    Even better get a 1911,CP88 or Beretta 92,cheper than the P30,pellet shooters and nearly all metal so nice and weighty in the hand.
    Cheers.

Having done a bit of youtube research I think the CP99 Compact with the lazer is the one for me.

I would also stay away from steel BBs down a rifled barrel however lead BBs should be fine.

I found with my kids that knocking over tins with a blowback bb pistol kept them far more interested than a pellet shooter, it reacts in their hand, they have more shots and they like the action of slapping in the magazine and racking the slide. Just watch for ricochets (I line our backstop with old carpet, things go through but do not ricochet out).
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    I would also stay away from steel BBs down a rifled barrel however lead BBs should be fine.

I found with my kids that knocking over tins with a blowback bb pistol kept them far more interested than a pellet shooter, it reacts in their hand, they have more shots and they like the action of slapping in the magazine and racking the slide. Just watch for ricochets (I line our backstop with old carpet, things go through but do not ricochet out).
    I was shooting 9mm Browning Hi power & Sig P226 a few weeks ago & really enjoyed it hence the thought of getting a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbrush View Post
    I was shooting 9mm Browning Hi power & Sig P226 a few weeks ago & really enjoyed it hence the thought of getting a pistol.
    A blowback is the way to go then, they operate in pretty much the same way. Cybergun make a P226 X-Five which is quite nice, the early Witness is good (not sure if they have fixed the magazine issues on the later releases) and the Tanfoglio Gold Custom is also good. The Cybergun pistols are not as well made or finished as the Umarex pellet shooters but I prefer them and they are much cheaper. The Umarex PPK is also good fun and cheap to feed.

Obviously the recoil is a lot lighter and there's not the same drama when the round goes off but its nice to have a bit of feeling when you shoot.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    A blowback is the way to go then, they operate in pretty much the same way. Cybergun make a P226 X-Five which is quite nice, the early Witness is good (not sure if they have fixed the magazine issues on the later releases) and the Tanfoglio Gold Custom is also good. The Cybergun pistols are not as well made or finished as the Umarex pellet shooters but I prefer them and they are much cheaper. The Umarex PPK is also good fun and cheap to feed.

Obviously the recoil is a lot lighter and there's not the same drama when the round goes off but its nice to have a bit of feeling when you shoot.
    Thanks for the advice.