Thread: Original 6M

Original 6M

I've an Original 6M pistol that's been standing for a long time.I assume the seals gone there's no power at all.
    does anybody have any suggestions for somebody with the knowledge to reseal it for me.I just have to admit if i try it will not go back together
    and its to good a pistol to end its days in fifty pieces.
    ATB brian.
    ps its the one with grey grips.

6M

To send this off to someone to fix will cost you at least £80 as the springs and 2 x piston seals are about £45, postage there and back £20, plus labour.This is over half the value of the pistol.Have a go yourself, they are not difficult as long as you mark the position of the pinion gear teeth and rack teeth before stripping.Take off the two screw on pinion caps, mark the positions of the teeth using a small mounted point in a dremel tool.You will need to use one of these as the metal is case hardened.When marked drop out the two little gear wheels, undo the large back cap on the cylinder and release the springs safely as they are under pressure.Pull out the two pistons and replace seals, making sure you use the correct ones for each piston as they are different.Re-assemble fitting new springs if required and compress the back dummy piston until the marked teeth come into line in the round aperture where the little gear goes.Drop back in the little gears you have marked and screw back in the pinion caps. They should screw in easy if the little gears are centralised properly.These pistols are great little performers, just bought back one of the 2 I have owned.

Regards, Baz

hi Brian
    Chambers or Knibbs sell the spares and there is a great step by step guide on the Dianawerk websight to replacing the seals. well worth a try

Try Lawrie Amatruda first rate bloke, he wont screw you ...mike...

hi guys news update i stripped it last night with Andy (airgunner 177)it came apart ok.the only thing worrying me now is we
    didn't mark the gear wheels but looking at them out of the pistol they look identical ? see what happens on reassembly
    the piston seal had turned into dusty mush.a bit like rubber hosepipe when its been in the garden for five years or so.
    ATB brian

Re-assemble

The gear wheels are identical.You should have marked the teeth where they mesh in with piston rack teeth above and the piston rack teeth below, and marked the racks at the same point.You would then know when you re-assemble that they are back in the identical place. If they are not you will have a job to replace the screw in caps and could break off teeth when you first fire the pistol. Now you will have to follow the published instructions on the internet as someone suggested above. This is more complicated than my method.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The gear wheels are identical.You should have marked the teeth where they mesh in with piston rack teeth above and the piston rack teeth below, and marked the racks at the same point.You would then know when you re-assemble that they are back in the identical place. If they are not you will have a job to replace the screw in caps and could break off teeth when you first fire the pistol. Now you will have to follow the published instructions on the internet as someone suggested above. This is more complicated than my method.

Baz
    hi baz,
    got the pistol back in one piece had a study at the instructions on the net initially a puzzle but it went well.
    thanks for your help brian

Good news

Brian, that is good news. To get the parts back together in the right position with new seals means you now have a great little pistol. Very accurate and pleasing to shoot, I love the very light trigger you can adjust on these.

Best regards, Barry