Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.6/.22 webley Hurricane what pellets

5.6/.22 webley Hurricane what pellets

Hi just bought one of these of a forum member and didn't realize it was a 5.6 barrel .Seller won't take it back so guess I'm stuck with it but can someone help me with regards to a suitable pellet .
    I've tried some Air arms that I had but they are a bit loose.

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    Hi just bought one of these of a forum member and didn't realize it was a 5.6 barrel .Seller won't take it back so guess I'm stuck with it but can someone help me with regards to a suitable pellet .
    I have a hurricane that I bought the other week, although I didn't realise they made them in a 5.6 as well as a standard 5.5, how many of them are like that, any idea?

I've got a fair few types of pellets in .22 so I'll see which feel tighter when I get home. I know in .177 the Superdomes seem to be tighter than most, or at least in my experience they do, not sure if it's the same in .22

I had one bought for my 12th birthday in 1982 but can't remember if it were 5.6 or 5.5

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    I had one bought for my 12th birthday in 1982 but can't remember if it were 5.6 or 5.5
    Sure mine is 5.5, shoots OK anyway, some pellets are pretty loose though. I'll check mine out later and let you know mate.

Tugg,
    I don't see why you should feel agrieved that the barrel is 5.6 as allowed to 5.5, they both shoot well. Just try several different pellets to find the one that gives you the accuracy you want.
    I have several older air guns in .22 (5.6) that are accurate with the smaller 5.5 pellets.
    Pete.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Blue topped eley wasps are 5.6. That's the full fat, British .22, not your Johnny Foreigner, cheese-eating -surrender-monkey 5.5mm metric nonsense they're trying to pull now!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

use eley wasps 5.6 blue tin for my hurricaine ,tempest, got them from

5.6 hurricane

Got one too,and tempest also.have no problems with lead,best I found rws hobbies.fantasticaly accurate and hard hitting.I did once enlarge the skirt size by hand using the tin lid spit and the end of a very sore finger working the pellet around the surface on the lid.the skirt did enlarge picked up a few fps but marginal.tried 5.6 eley new type crap.and pretty much tried most other common leads .hobbies for sure.light,accurate cheapish.love the rws lead.excepting .20 and some 177...love the hurricane .

thanks will try some hobbies

I use FTT 5.53 in mine. Loves it. Better than size 5.55
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    I use FTT 5.53 in mine. Loves it. Better than size 5.55
    do you mean the h&n ft trophy?
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Yeessssss
    ATB,
    yana

Just picked up a Hurricane today, minter Mk2, fired about 50 pellets from new max. Just noticed 5.56. Came with some unusual L.J Cammell pellets, Tiger Gold and Champion Devastators, seems they are utter tosh from what I have read, I do have a tin of H&N FTT to try.
    btw paid £50 for pistol and scope

you were lucky I paid £80 and I think the whole council estate has owned this one , not in the best condition .loose sights loose grips, rust, chips and 5.6 barrel and diesiling like a bastard.
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

I fixed a pc for a neighbour, was talking about going to gun club and he mentioned he had a pistol in the loft he did not use, did not expect it to be a hurricane in such good condition, even the telescopic sight has never been used. I would love to get the full set. better start looking
    would also love a nice BSA scorpion.
    ATB Roy