Thread: Diana P5 Magnum,Diana 5G,whats the differnce?

Diana P5 Magnum,Diana 5G,whats the differnce?

I have a P5 Magnum and was thinking of getting a 5G.
    Having taken the cocking aid off to look at the barrel,I found it is grooved to take the 5G tunnel sight and is the same length as the 5G. So it might be cheaper to buy the 5G sights and keep the gun? I am not keen on red/green sights,or that lump on the end.
    I assumed the P5 was more powerful but pictures of the 5G appear to show the air cylinder to be the same size.So apart from dayglo sights and a lump of metal on the end of the barrel,which isnt really needed, there doesn't appear to be any other difference.
    Is it just the spring? I have yet to handle a 5G.
    I fancy some old style target shooting.
    Also are match grips available?

Im sure Yana will know!!!

thank you
    craig

Hi
    Hope this helps:
    with specs , pics and info:
    http://www.co2air.de/wbb3/index.php?...onItem&id=1072
    5G is the normal LP5. The LP5 magnum is longer, heavier. It actually shares the same spring as the 21 rifle! Its stíll 7.5J/6Ftp though, so the velocity gain isnt thát much.

For targetshooting I would forget the LP5 magnum, too large, tooheavy for 1 handed.
    Dont forget to look at the LP6 and 10 for oldfashioned target shooting!

PS I know of only óne shop to máke wooden grips for the LP5 magnum. In the US. For, iirc $80/90. Dunno bout the normal LP5. They might be easier available, allthough no 'real'matchgrips, more tempest-like combat wooden grips. The LP10 has target grips as standard.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Hi
    Hope this helps:
    with specs , pics and info:
    http://www.co2air.de/wbb3/index.php?...onItem&id=1072
    5G is the normal LP5. The LP5 magnum is longer, heavier. It actually shares the same spring as the 21 rifle! Its stíll 7.5J/6Ftp though, so the velocity gain isnt thát much.

For targetshooting I would forget the LP5 magnum, too large, tooheavy for 1 handed.
    Dont forget to look at the LP6 and 10 for oldfashioned target shooting!

PS I know of only óne shop to máke wooden grips for the LP5 magnum. In the US. For, iirc $80/90. Dunno bout the normal LP5. They might be easier available, allthough no 'real'matchgrips, more tempest-like combat wooden grips. The LP10 has target grips as standard.
    Hi, I only replied because I have this , 1950,s I believe & It was shown in the link, Is it worth anything ! ( PS. Its an Original mod 5 ) Ged.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture002.jpg
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 26-11-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: addition

Dont think it'll make you rich..
    There are lots of LP5's around.
    Dont think they go for more than E100-150 euro's on egun.
    ATB,
    yana