Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UKBR22 Benchrest World Postal 5th & 6th January 2013

UKBR22 Benchrest World Postal 5th & 6th January 2013

I hope you dont mind me posting this on the forum: we are having a 'World Air Rifle Bench Rest Postal' in the first weekend of January, see link: http://www.ukbr22.co.uk/forum/index....uary-2013.380/ (Not sure if you have to join the UKBR22 forum to see it though)

We are colaberating with people from the States, Italy, Russia and the UK. The interesting thing is that because of the variation in air rifle law in these countries we have decided to really open up in terms of power and weight etc.

Link to the UKBR22 website that has a link to the forum:http://www.ukbr22.org.uk/

It will be really interesting to see how it goes, please feel free to join in, here is the scoring sheet: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53488303/Wo...013%282%29.xls

Tony
    Last edited by Tone; 10-12-2012 at 01:31 PM.

These are the rules that are posted on the forum: If a club is thinking of entering can one of you at least join the forum to let us know you will be shooting and roughly how many from your club will be joining you:

UKBR22 invite you to shoot in the World Air Rifle Postal that will be held on the 1st weekend of January 2013.

It is open to all.

So far we have commitment from Bench Rest shooters and clubs alike in Italy, Russia, USA and the UK.

It has become clear that we are a pretty diverse bunch shooting air rifles across the world, with various calibres and power platforms so in the spirit of inclusiveness pretty much anything goes.

So here are the rules:

No calibre larger than .22 as all cards should be scored with a .22 gauge.

Shoot at 2no. 25yrds or 25m at the standard 25 target 25yrd/m bench rest cards.

Thats it!

It is intended to be mainly an indoor comp, but some competitors will be shooting outside.

The weight is unlimited, the power should be what is legal in your country, electronic triggers are allowed.

All we ask is that you make a note of the relevant information on the score sheet (see example attached).

Please can you post on this thread your intention to shoot this competition and roughly how many friends you will have joining you.

Photos of the weekend shooting the comp will be very much appreciated and we do hope that you enjoy yourselves and don't succumb to the ravages of the January weather.

All the best

See link to the website in the post above.

Presently we have what looks like 100+ air rifle shooters from around the world taking part in this event. Shaping up to be a lot of fun.

Brian

I don't think my old airsporter is up to it!

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    I don't think my old airsporter is up to it!
    You're in luck Roger, I have a very nice Air wolf - right up your street

Brian

Take a bump for a dedicated benchrest shooter and a top bloke.

Kicking the can
    Be happy for what you got not for what you want.

Ukbr22

This sounds as though it is going to be a very interesting and enjoyable competition and there will be several shooters from my club (L&D/Dowry Hill at Groby) taking part.

If you live in the Leics/Derby/Notts area and would like to take part, and your club does not have a 25yd/metre range, then pm me and I will try to arrange for you to shoot as a 'Guest' on our club range just outside of Groby. (not far from junction 22 of M1 on the A511)

I am on 'Duty' at our club on the 6th Jan, and I don't mind extending the club session time to accommodate guests wishing to compete in this competition. So get in touch if interested.

Many thanks to Tone, Brian and other UKBR22 members for getting this off the ground.

The photos of some of the ranges and rifles being used will certainly prove interesting to many.

John
    hold me back !!

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Sorry if these are daft question`s,. Do i get the cards off UKBR , how many cards are shot, who do i send them to or,are all these details on a website ? atb Gordon .

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Sorry if these are daft question`s,. Do i get the cards off UKBR , how many cards are shot, who do i send them to or,are all these details on a website ? atb Gordon .
    Gordon

Get yourself onto the UKBR22 forum and more details are on there, but in short, yes get your cards from UKBR22 and this comp is 2 cards that have 25 targets on each with extra sighters if you need them.

Cheers

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    This sounds as though it is going to be a very interesting and enjoyable competition and there will be several shooters from my club (L&D/Dowry Hill at Groby) taking part.

If you live in the Leics/Derby/Notts area and would like to take part, and your club does not have a 25yd/metre range, then pm me and I will try to arrange for you to shoot as a 'Guest' on our club range just outside of Groby. (not far from junction 22 of M1 on the A511)

I am on 'Duty' at our club on the 6th Jan, and I don't mind extending the club session time to accommodate guests wishing to compete in this competition. So get in touch if interested.

Many thanks to Tone, Brian and other UKBR22 members for getting this off the ground.

The photos of some of the ranges and rifles being used will certainly prove interesting to many.

John
    Thanks John, that's very good of you.

The competition is a 2 x card event using the the UKBR22 targets. These can be purchased from the Competition and Scores Officer (Robb Harrison), contact details on this page: http://www.ukbr22.org.uk/index.php/u...ting-officials

This is shaping up to be a large event with air rifle shooters from around the world taking part, all from the comfort of your own club

Brian

Thumbs up Benchrest Shoot

Hi John.

Count me in for the weekend of the 6th please...
    Hopefully I'll be back on the case once again... EV2 an all...
    P.M. Sent...

Cheers Wiz.
    Never Say Never

Quote Originally Posted by WIZARD View Post
    Hi John.

Count me in for the weekend of the 6th please...
    Hopefully I'll be back on the case once again... EV2 an all...
    P.M. Sent...

Cheers Wiz.
    You're in

Maybe worth joining the UKBR22 Forum to keep up with developments of this competition: http://www.ukbr22.co.uk/forum/index.php

Brian

Can please add me to the list ? atb Gordon. i have joined the forum.

Does anyone know where i can get a .22 scoring gauge ?

Benchrest Shoot

Hi Brian...

Many thanks...

My EV's been sorted
    'Air-Arms' should be shipping her back out for Tuesday delivery this next week...all being well

Cheers Wiz
    Never Say Never