Thread: Silenced .177 pistols

Silenced .177 pistols

I would like to get, for £80-£120 second hand a silenced/suppressed pistol for using with my pellet catcher in my flat.

I've seen a few online (one nice one that's a bit expensive), but don't know what to go for or how easy it would be to buy the silencer separately and add it to a suitable gun.

Needs to be relatively accurate, and the more realistic to the real firearm the better (it's just for fun). What do people recommend?
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

Quote Originally Posted by raistrick View Post
    I would like to get, for £80-£120 second hand a silenced/suppressed pistol for using with my pellet catcher in my flat.

I've seen a few online (one nice one that's a bit expensive), but don't know what to go for or how easy it would be to buy the silencer separately and add it to a suitable gun.

Needs to be relatively accurate, and the more realistic to the real firearm the better (it's just for fun). What do people recommend?
    Hrm, Do you want c02 or air?

Multishot?

Iron sights or a rail for alternate sights, reddot etc? Laser?

Realistic?

Umarex co2 pissles? The S&W 586 - by a mile! The Beretta / Colt etc are all pretty much the same 8 shot revolver mech' under the skin. If you must, the Sig 225 rep' seems the be the most par-ful. The P-88 seems to be the best to shoot. Both are better with the 6" barrel option, but of course they look better with the 4". But you'll hate them. And going by the guns in your signature, you'll seriously hate their triggers. The S&W is really quite acceptable as-standard. And I bet 'magicniner' can tune the trigger to be even better. And I read on here somewhere that he makes moderator adapters for them

Do you shoot your match pistols indoors? I find the pellet trap is more noisy than the gun ... This week, I'll be using this indoors: http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/P1020247.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Hrm, Do you want c02 or air?

Multishot?

Iron sights or a rail for alternate sights, reddot etc? Laser?

Realistic?

Umarex co2 pissles? The S&W 586 - by a mile! The Beretta / Colt etc are all pretty much the same 8 shot revolver mech' under the skin. If you must, the Sig 225 rep' seems the be the most par-ful. The P-88 seems to be the best to shoot. Both are better with the 6" barrel option, but of course they look better with the 4". But you'll hate them. And going by the guns in your signature, you'll seriously hate their triggers. The S&W is really quite acceptable as-standard. And I bet 'magicniner' can tune the trigger to be even better. And I read on here somewhere that he makes moderator adapters for them

Do you shoot your match pistols indoors? I find the pellet trap is more noisy than the gun ... This week, I'll be using this indoors: http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/P1020247.jpg
    Don't mind on any of your questions. By realistic I thought a blowback would be cool, but that's probably more of an airsoft thing. Not sure I like the look of revolvers

Do you have links to anywhere where I can buy one suppressed? I currently have an Anics A-3000, but doubt I could put a silencer on that :/ (trigger on that is pretty heavy)

Yeah I would probably fill the pellet catcher with something. I don't tend to use the match ones anywhere but the club, but I do use it indoors in a rather large room I have access to when it's all locked up... The guns are pretty quiet in there to be honest.
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    Yeah I would probably fill the pellet catcher with something.
    Plumbers mait is great stuff - holds the pellets well and very nearly silent.
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Quote Originally Posted by defblade View Post
    Ah, that's a good idea! thanks
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

Plumbers mait works a treat.
    On the pistol front a 586 with a good silencer has almost no sound at all (just clicks of hammer really) trouble is silencer +adaptor + pistol raises your budget. I started with pistol, then adaptor (silencer was off my rifle so gets double usage)

However better to buy a bit at a time and have a good pistol, than everything in budget which is either less accurate or doesn't last long.

Don't mind on any of your questions. By realistic I thought a blowback would be cool, but that's probably more of an airsoft thing. Not sure I like the look of revolvers

Do you have links to anywhere where I can buy one suppressed? I currently have an Anics A-3000, but doubt I could put a silencer on that :/ (trigger on that is pretty heavy)

Yeah I would probably fill the pellet catcher with something. I don't tend to use the match ones anywhere but the club, but I do use it indoors in a rather large room I have access to when it's all locked up... The guns are pretty quiet in there to be honest.
    http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/832_1_1053647.html I don't like the things since one literally blew up in my hand The valve housing/casting split in two, and it blew the slide off, but luckilly not moi fingers

Blowback - I donno ... you might need a bigger pellet catcher to catch the group!

Quote Originally Posted by defblade View Post
    That does sound good. How thick do you spread it on? And is it stiff enough to drawing-pin a match card on to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    From what I recall that isn't a functioning silencer, it's just a fancy cover for a longer barrel Otherwise I'd grab one, since I have the A-3000 already
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

From what I recall that isn't a functioning silencer, it's just a fancy cover for a longer barrel Otherwise I'd grab one, since I have the A-3000 already
    Maybe you could get a F-1 long barrel and have a silencer adapter made for it? And while you're at it, have the trigger tuned

1377 with a gmac foresight/silencer adapter...good accuracy, variable power and good project gun.