Thread: 75yard shotgun shells

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sound like you had fun Mike, to improve your hit ratio you really need to have a go in perfectly still condition. shooting off a bench bag or quality bipod will assist greatly as will single loading the pellets into the barrel and not a mag if your gun allows it, slight imperfection in the pellet will have little effect at normal airgunning ranges but push that to 80-100-120 yards then it can make the POI move by an inch or two.

Bb

hi bucket I'm using a proper bench rest set up bald eagle rear bag and chaldwell rock rest up front . Tried washing and lubing pellet's but does not seem to have much effect , as for conditions I have to go when can it always seem's to be good when in work or when the mrs has got me wandering around shop's never mind day's off soon but the weather forcast is bad
    A few nice rifles

C'mon lads, make it a real challenge and use a springer!

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post

I did have a .177 TX200 that was easily as accurate as any of my PCP's, at any set range it would go toe to toe against them, what was difficult was to be accurate when changing from one range to another. I sold it a few years ago, not due to the guns failings but mine

Bb
    Last edited by bucketboy; 09-03-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
    Hi Elliott seen some of your vids before an got to say I'm Impressed , was thinking of getting a springer for some long range plinking I fancy a hw98 in .177 as I dont really like under leaver's had a 77k in .177 a few years ago . Think ive got a lot to learn with the pc first cheer's
    A few nice rifles

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    Hi Elliott seen some of your vids before an got to say I'm Impressed , was thinking of getting a springer for some long range plinking I fancy a hw98 in .177 as I dont really like under leaver's had a 77k in .177 a few years ago . Think ive got a lot to learn with the pc first cheer's
    Thanks Mike, that's very kind of you. The HW98 is a lovely rifle, as is the HW95.

I love my HW77K, its a great rifle
    Last edited by Elliott; 11-03-2013 at 08:18 PM.

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

Impressive stuff guys, sounds like some real accurate pellet placing here .