Thread: 75yard shotgun shells

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice one bucketboy, my mk4 shooting the bis mags shoots well out to 55yard's holds 2Omm in low wind easy , but at 8O yard's opens up to arround 4 inche's think i'll give the jsb heavy's a go and maybe try a leupold 8.5 to 25 mag scope ive got on a 6mm rifle . Ive got an r7 mk1 in .22 may give that a go which of your rifles shoot better at longe range the .177 or the .2O . good looking rifles by the way have you done any internal mods

@100 yard no wind the .177 just edges it, 50 yards there is nothing in it but the .20 is better if there is a wind (14.3 prems), hunting I never use the .177 as the .20 really hits hard. As for internal mods, they have a few, PTFE slip rings and spring guide, silent hammer pip and inertia weight, custom valve body and stem, tapered barrel port, polished internals, Q/F custom carbon shroud with internal air stripper, custom stock, all the work was done by me so only cost was for materials.

If you struggle to get any JSB's heavies (daystate heavies are the same) PM me your addy and I'll post off a few.

My 17 year old .20 Mk1
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...1954/001-6.jpg

My .177 MFR
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...oy1954/002.jpg

I also have another MFR in .20 and a new MK1 in .20

All of them will out shoot me but I had to choose 1 it would be the old MK1, OK the gamo trigger it a little clonky and even though I have had it 17years the gun never ceases to amaze me

Have you ever tried to push a pellet through the barrel to see if there are any tight spots? I do all my barrels and polish any tight areas then do the whole thing so that it is slicker than snot. Pretty sure someone will disagree but it works for me Also for long range work it is very important to get the cross hair on your scope 100% with the block before you start shooting, a few thou out at the block makes a big difference at 100yrd

Bb
    Last edited by bucketboy; 04-01-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Thumbs up

Cheer's for the kind offer on the pellets bucketboy but going to phone blackpool airguns in morning they got em in . Just a couple of mods on the rapids then had my mk1 about 17 years too . I'll have to take care when setting up the leupold , what size group's are you getting with the .177 at 5O yards just wondering if i'm anywere close to were i need to be ? cheer's for advice happy shooting mike

If I do my part, gun rested 20X mag... stand .22 pellets on a brick and my old Mk1 .20 (prems) and my .177mfr (AA field) will get 8 out of 12 at 50yrd, the .20MFR (H&NFTT) maybe one less? not tried the new Mk1 yet ? bought another .20 barrel today, just needs machining to fit action and I'll see what that can do.

Bb

it becomes addictive, myself another guy at our range have a post at the 75yard mark and knock shells off of that,
    last weekend someone had put some spinners on the post 45mm and 25mm type and i hit those a few times to.
    I find if you use a mil dot type scope with plenty of aim points it help you practice for field work.

We shoot them at around 70 yds in an old quarry we shoot in. I can pick them off standing with my fac and once the other lads get their eye in with sub 12s they're flying call over the place.
    The only downside is it's 3 climbs and two walks to find them again, perch them on the rock face and get back up onto the other side to shoot them again.
    Good fun tho. They don't half fly when you catch them right eh.

Quote Originally Posted by El Garro View Post
    We shoot them at around 70 yds in an old quarry we shoot in. I can pick them off standing with my fac and once the other lads get their eye in with sub 12s they're flying call over the place. .
    Shotgun shells (i.e. 12 bore?), from an unrested standing position at 70 yards?
    Proud AG and AGW subscriber (and I'll call them ****ing comics if I want to!)