Thread: 75yard shotgun shells

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

75yard shotgun shells

Hi chaps was down my local range today mapping out aim points on my scope with bis mags in .177 out to 45 yards and noticed someone had put lots of shotgun shells ,empty ones i must add on a frame at the end of the range . I ranged it at 76 yards then had a few shots and missed didnt have a clue were they were going ended up shooting in to a puddle under the frame to get rough point of impact then switched back to the shells and started hitting quite a few . I expect most people on here have seen teds holdover on you tube doing the ten shotgun shell challenge at a hundred yards but with fac power rifles . Wot about us giving it a go with our sub 12's at 75 yards and putting results on here and put scope, rifle, pellet etc on i'll give it a go next time i go, maybe tomorrow dont know yet. Bit of fun and interesting to see how different combo's shoot at long range

hi guys shot at ten shells today hit 3 ranged it at 81 yards so prob a bit too much think 65 would be better to try im shooting a daystate mk4 panther target with mtc viper 3 12 44 , pellets are bisley magnum in .177 cheers

Ogri48 and I went to a local range a few weeks before Xmas with our .177 rapids , we set up some small stones about 1/2" dia, both of us managed to hit 3 on the trot (6 on the trot between us) @100mts, we then swapped over to our .20's and got another 4 on the trot. All 4 guns were sub 12fte.

With the right gun and the right pellet on a calm day, I would think that a 10/10 of shotty cases is very doable even at 100 yards with a sub 12fte.

my two guns were .177 MFR 16" barrel (10.5g JSB heavies) bushy 4200 elite 6 x 24 x 50 and .20 MFR 19" barrel ( 11.7 H&H FTT) Simmons 6.5 X 20 X 50 WTC

Pauls guns were .177 MK2 19" barrel (10.5 bis mags) Simmons atec 6.5 X 20 X 50 and a .20 MK1 with a 21 " barrel ( 13.7JSB exacts) Simmons 6.5 X 20 X 50 WTC

Interstingly, my .177 shoot AA 8.7 with a POI higher out to 60M than 10.5 JSB heavies. At 60M POI is exactly the same and at 100M the POI is 5" lower than the heavies, if you have not tried then yet give the JSB a go for some long range plinking.

Bb

Sounds like good shooting bucketboy have a go at the shells , can only do 8O yards max at local range i'll have another soon

Neither Ogri or I concider ourselves to be marksmen, just two old guys who are lucky enough to own some accurate guns that are easy to be accurate with.

Another member on here (Funkedup) and I routinely splat paint balls placed on fence posts between 50 and 65yrd useing our night lamping gear, its hard to see those things with lowish mag scopes and lamps as they don't reflect any light back but we still manage to hit more than we miss.

Never ceases to amaze me how good an airgun can be, its a shame more people don't try long range plinking.
    First oppertunity I will stick up 10 shotty cases @100yards and see how many I can hit with ten shots, then see how many shots to kill all of them.

Bb

Nice one bucketboy, my mk4 shooting the bis mags shoots well out to 55yard's holds 2Omm in low wind easy , but at 8O yard's opens up to arround 4 inche's think i'll give the jsb heavy's a go and maybe try a leupold 8.5 to 25 mag scope ive got on a 6mm rifle . Ive got an r7 mk1 in .22 may give that a go which of your rifles shoot better at longe range the .177 or the .2O . good looking rifles by the way have you done any internal mods