Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 75yard shotgun shells

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    Sun was out, no wind so off to the shooting club for some long range plinking, I took both my MFR's (.177 and 20) and was shooting with a guy who had a Daystater Air ranger (if you are read this, sorry mate I don't know your name). After we zeroed our guns we were both hitting a 20mm spinner fairly consistantly, didn't have any shotty cases so put up some spent .22 rimmy cases instead, didn't take many shots before we both nailed one......105yards

Bb
    Nice shooting bucketboy was a nice day for it , got in this morning at 7 off nights noticed there was no wind . Could not get out today spent most of it in bed , tried the jsb heavys not as good as bis mags in my mk4 panther , still waiting for a windless day when i can have a go at the shotty shells again and not working cant wait to retire cheer's
    A few nice rifles

Hi Mike, your only down the road from me, where are you shooting at? nwss? Thanks, Jon

Bowyer is offline They don't like it up 'em, Mr Mainwaring
    Got bored on sunday when no rabbits were out so we took some silly long shots at a bit of old cement plastered wall, rested standing off the top of a gate, picking bits of moss as aimpoints. Rangefinder said 87 yards. Unwieghed unsorted Air Arms field for me and likewise in JSB for my mate.

Once we'd sussed where they were dropping (just below the apex of the bottom thick post in my scope) we got approx 45mm groups, which we were both astounded at since we weren't exactly that steady off the top of the gate. The odd flier here and there due to slight variations in the very minimal wind drift. Both rifles were HW100s.
    Don't tell 'em y'name, Pike!

Wet to nwss range on monday nice day with light breeze right to left shot at 1O shotgun shell's on the furthest frame ranged at 81yard's . Ended up hitting the ten but took about 3O shots or so , sorry lost count a couple of lad's off the wirral turned up shooting two hw1OO's one in .22 and 1 in .177 they had a go and soon hit a few . I was shooting my mk4 panther .177 bis mag's
    A few nice rifles

Sound like you had fun Mike, to improve your hit ratio you really need to have a go in perfectly still condition. shooting off a bench bag or quality bipod will assist greatly as will single loading the pellets into the barrel and not a mag if your gun allows it, slight imperfection in the pellet will have little effect at normal airgunning ranges but push that to 80-100-120 yards then it can make the POI move by an inch or two.

Bb

hi bucket I'm using a proper bench rest set up bald eagle rear bag and chaldwell rock rest up front . Tried washing and lubing pellet's but does not seem to have much effect , as for conditions I have to go when can it always seem's to be good when in work or when the mrs has got me wandering around shop's never mind day's off soon but the weather forcast is bad
    A few nice rifles

C'mon lads, make it a real challenge and use a springer!

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post

I did have a .177 TX200 that was easily as accurate as any of my PCP's, at any set range it would go toe to toe against them, what was difficult was to be accurate when changing from one range to another. I sold it a few years ago, not due to the guns failings but mine

Bb
    Last edited by bucketboy; 09-03-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
    Hi Elliott seen some of your vids before an got to say I'm Impressed , was thinking of getting a springer for some long range plinking I fancy a hw98 in .177 as I dont really like under leaver's had a 77k in .177 a few years ago . Think ive got a lot to learn with the pc first cheer's
    A few nice rifles

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    Hi Elliott seen some of your vids before an got to say I'm Impressed , was thinking of getting a springer for some long range plinking I fancy a hw98 in .177 as I dont really like under leaver's had a 77k in .177 a few years ago . Think ive got a lot to learn with the pc first cheer's
    Thanks Mike, that's very kind of you. The HW98 is a lovely rifle, as is the HW95.

I love my HW77K, its a great rifle
    Last edited by Elliott; 11-03-2013 at 08:18 PM.

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

Impressive stuff guys, sounds like some real accurate pellet placing here .

challenge accepted

Hi chaps not done this for a while but was at my local range today North Wales Shooting School and decided to give it a go again . I have also got a new rifle and scope . A Steyr LG11O Hunter with a Lightstream scope on top , I put 14 , 12 bore empty shell's on the furthest rack and ranged it at 83yards it took me 17 shots to send them all spinning the best I have ever done by a long way . It was an ideal day no wind at all ATB Mike
    A few nice rifles

Thumbs up

Well I've been having a few goes at this challenge over the last week and have managed a few 5 ex.5 runs on 20g empties , great fun.
    With the leaves on the ground the biggest problem is finding the cartridges! A nice central hit propels them up to 15 yards and they are very good at hiding.
    Not everyone has empties lying around, so in an effort to make it more accessible I've knocked up a printable version.

Firstly here's a scan of one I shot today..... SSC Target.

I wasted my zero shot on that one, aimed at the apex of the left triangle, nailed it! Next four shots on target and then the last one (bottom left) slides by...bugger!

pdf being edited v2 will be along if there's any interest. See post #31 below
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 07-10-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Nice shooting 18 Wheeler you nailed most of them right in the centre what was the range . Ive been doing 82y as its the longest range I can get at my local range . Its supprising how far a .177 pellet will send the shell's spinning at that range when well hit ATB Mike
    A few nice rifles