Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CROSMAN 451 pistol

CROSMAN 451 pistol

On G****ar chaps £495.

No box, no papers

Not cocking properly despite having been recently serviced by an expert (it has been pointed out on another forum by someone who is an expert that this is probably the re-cocking valve seal)

£495

As much as I would like one of these, think I will pass on this one!

Last edited by Ian; 29-11-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Me to

A discussion started on the UBC a few days ago about this very model along with photos and comments about its rarity. A number of folk commented on how they would really like one and there was mention of one for sale on a USA website

All of a sudden this one appeared on the UK on line sales site mentioned above along with a hefty price tag. Wow, what a coincidence!

It wouldnt be so bad if the description was accurate - however we are reliably informed (by a real expert) that the shot count stated per CO2 bulb is totally incorrect and this model was not issued to the US forces as a practice weapon in the same way that other Crosman CO2's were

Caveat emtor........

Absolutely correct, Ian, re. shot count and military background. The Lord loves a tryer.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by IH View Post
    A discussion started on the UBC a few days ago about this very model along with photos and comments about its rarity. A number of folk commented on how they would really like one and there was mention of one for sale on a USA website

All of a sudden this one appeared on the UK on line sales site mentioned above along with a hefty price tag. Wow, what a coincidence!

It wouldnt be so bad if the description was accurate - however we are reliably informed (by a real expert) that the shot count stated per CO2 bulb is totally incorrect and this model was not issued to the US forces as a practice weapon in the same way that other Crosman CO2's were

Caveat emtor........

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Given the reference to "Mr. A" having "furtled it", it would appear it's someone familiar with this site as well and it might be worth a prospective buyer checking with the gentleman I believe he's refering to, to see if he knows of the gun or seller...
    Just a thought like...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Given the reference to "Mr. A" having "furtled it", it would appear it's someone familiar with this site as well and it might be worth a prospective buyer checking with the gentleman I believe he's refering to, to see if he knows of the gun or seller...
    Just a thought like...
    Now good sound advice there.

I note that it hasn't been snapped up yet despite nearly 400 views of the ad!

A boxed example described as mint went within days on one of the American sites (it was priced at £370 as a matter of interest)

I really cant see how the seller thinks he is going to move it at this price. The only people that are going to be interested are those in the know - and they are most likely to do their homework before parting with nearly £500

To be fair to the chap these do have cocking problems in use as do some 600s.
    Doesnt mean they are broke.
    The last one I was offered was priced at £475 and that had similar errant behaviour.

My problem with these is that they are tedious to load.

But they are rated as one of the best from Crosmans golden era so never going to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by IH View Post
    I note that it hasn't been snapped up yet despite nearly 400 views of the ad!

A boxed example described as mint went within days on one of the American sites (it was priced at £370 as a matter of interest)

I really cant see how the seller thinks he is going to move it at this price. The only people that are going to be interested are those in the know - and they are most likely to do their homework before parting with nearly £500

It was up for sale some time ago and it didn't sell then. l know its rare but l think its over priced as well.

At the end of the day its worth what someone is prepared to pay

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    To be fair to the chap these do have cocking problems in use as do some 600s.
    Doesnt mean they are broke.
    The last one I was offered was priced at £475 and that had similar errant behaviour.

My problem with these is that they are tedious to load.

But they are rated as one of the best from Crosmans golden era so never going to be cheap.
    I'd agree with that , I had a 451 and they are superb pistols but loading can be a pain especially as you fire so quickly . lol

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Must be rare as thats actually my old one so I'm informed and the only one I have ever seen advertised on here

I have not seen the advert but I know they are very rare , they are termed a military 451 but have variants that show .45 and .22 - I wonder if their is confusion in the advert or by the way it is written .

Either way the guns are something else , I have had crosman 600's and these walk all over them and thats saying something !

My guess is that someone that knows the ' behaviour ' of these guns will snap it up . I would buy it back if I could justify it .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Now thats what I like to hear.
    Better than a 600!
    Not a phrase you hear often in the little world of old air/co2 pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Now thats what I like to hear.
    Better than a 600!
    Not a phrase you hear often in the little world of old air/co2 pistols.
    The thing is that I had a conversation with someone a while back who said the 600 was awesome and much better than the 541 , I asked if he meant the difference as in hold / loading / design etc and he said he just liked it better . I then asked which one he preferred to shoot , he replied ' well I don't know as I've never seen a 541 ' lol

The pistol was actually worked on by an expert when I had it , thats if you agree lawrie Amatruda is an expert .

I don't know the seller other than the fact it appears to be the one i sold ???

atvb

Dave