Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a name for this scope?

Is there a name for this scope?

Hi All

Does anyone know what this scope is called?

It's like a non-AO Super Moonlighter... I am guessing it's not called this though?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94089162/supermoonlighter.jpg

Thanks
    Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Hi All

Does anyone know what this scope is called?

It's like a non-AO Super Moonlighter... I am guessing it's not called this though?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94089162/supermoonlighter.jpg

Thanks
    Matty
    Super Sunlighter?

I think the early Moonlighters - or infact all the Moonlighters - did not have the AO feature as far as I remember. Tasco were the only ones who had AO on them at that time.

IIRC the 'Moonlighter' was the 45mm obj' while yours (pictured). Is the 'Super Moonlighter'. But the old memory is a bit hazy of late...

Look here Matty! http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2...odifiedxm7.jpg Optima advert - From one of 'Grayling's' old posts!

45mm objective, 'moonlighter'. 56mm objective, 'super moonlighter'.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Look here Matty! http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2...odifiedxm7.jpg Optima advert - From one of 'Grayling's' old posts!
    Look, no AO! we had to content ourselves with keeping our heads in exactly the same place or stalking to exactly 30 yards of our target.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Look, no AO! we had to content ourselves with keeping our heads in exactly the same place or stalking to exactly 30 yards of our target.
    I see no scopes in that picture...

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I see no scopes in that picture...

Matty
    They are the black funnel tube things attached to the rifles on the top near the back of the bullet tubes.

Your one is the combination called the 'Night Special' which is a standard HW35 with the Supermoonlighter attached to it. At the bottom of the page!

They are the black funnel tube things attached to the rifles on the top near the back of the bullet tubes.

Your one is the combination called the 'Night Special' which is a standard HW35 with the Supermoonlighter attached to it. At the bottom of the page!
    I see them now - rather small image...

yes that's the one - so it is a non-AO Supermoonlighter

Does anyone care to have a stab at what it's worth? And the mount? What is it? LOL

Cheers
    Matty

While also wearing jackets with massive shoulder pads. Coz' in those days everything just had to be SO big, and if yer scope didn't have a Mauna Kea sized objective necessitating you fitting a jockey wheel instead of the frontsight and trailering your gun upside down by the stock, it was useless.

I remember buying a not that cheap 8x56 that seemed to have been built by Russians in China, but it ticked the only box that mattered.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

I must say that this will not be mounted on a springer

It will probably be stuck onto one of me terribly boring PCPs

The mount looks like something off a .243

Matty

moonlighter

Its worth £100 all day long, ideal to put on a period rifle, the best in my opinion of the day, always wanted one at the time but could never aford one, as with everything modern mil dot scopes far out perform them for ease of use, the mount again looks like a period one piece of the time. cheers Roll

I see them now - rather small image...

yes that's the one - so it is a non-AO Supermoonlighter

Does anyone care to have a stab at what it's worth? And the mount? What is it? LOL

Cheers
    Matty

Didn't John Darling have the very same on his Venom HW80? The o/p mount looks much like his too.
    Get yourself a 'bullworker' and stick it on an 80

Quote Originally Posted by benchstop View Post
    Didn't John Darling have the very same on his Venom HW80? The o/p mount looks much like his too.
    Get yourself a 'bullworker' and stick it on an 80
    I might put it on my AGT HW80-25

The scope will arrive tomorrow or Tuesday so I shall try it for size...

Matty

I agree with Roll, £100. springs to mind. Could be more, but I dunno how much more than 100 somebody might pay for one ...?

I couldn't afford one 'back in the day'. Infact nobody I knew around the poor forest of dean had one either.

But we had 'Airgun World'. And you can bet your diamante brooch I wanted one!

I don't recognise the mount. And if you're being pure about it, you'll put it on Sportsmatch 2pc highs