My way of looking at things is i am a meat eater. I have no qualms about knocking the cow, chicken, pig rabbit, hare etc on the head - shooting it before going to the barbecue if that's what it takes. Equally i have no quarms about elimenating pest species that are a derect result of producing the above and other food sources to feed my self + family. Equally i would be more than happily catch my own fish if i could (despite trying i have never so much as ever got a nibble, at least with a rifle you know there's something there or not!)

IMHO if you want to be a vegetarian, that's fine. Just don't force that on me.

If you want to eat meat and get all gushy about were it comes from, that's a problem you need to settle for your self. I have no issue about doing the dead to feed me and my family. As a society i personally feel we are become way to removed from our food sources to make sensible decisions about it. if Joe Blogs had to kill and pluck his chicken for Sunday lunch, i reckon there would have been a lot less chickens in the oven today! But that's a issue for the individual to decide, not society as a whole.