Thread: Swedish Air rifles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Thanks Phil, very informative , where did you find yours ?
    I found it in a bundle of maybe 5 other rifles ... Original 15/16 etc, some A/F etc at an auction for a ridiculously low price. I had no idea what it was at the time, thinking it was just a 'kid's toy rifle'. It was only when I started to look through various books that we found out what it was.
    As I say ... great fun.
    I did try to get 5.4mm ball in Sweden and Norway about 18 months ago. A shop selling air guns in Malmo (Sweden) had never heard of 5.4 ball. The Norwegian shop, at Lillesand, said they do sometimes have them but had none when I visited. Interestingly, during conversation with the owner (it was a soft air / air gun shop by the way) he told me there was no power limit on .177 but that all.22 air rifles needed a licence. I hope I understood him correctly.
    I am still looking for 5.4ball.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I found it in a bundle of maybe 5 other rifles ... Original 15/16 etc, some A/F etc at an auction for a ridiculously low price. I had no idea what it was at the time, thinking it was just a 'kid's toy rifle'. It was only when I started to look through various books that we found out what it was.
    As I say ... great fun.
    I did try to get 5.4mm ball in Sweden and Norway about 18 months ago. A shop selling air guns in Malmo (Sweden) had never heard of 5.4 ball. The Norwegian shop, at Lillesand, said they do sometimes have them but had none when I visited. Interestingly, during conversation with the owner (it was a soft air / air gun shop by the way) he told me there was no power limit on .177 but that all.22 air rifles needed a licence. I hope I understood him correctly.
    I am still looking for 5.4ball.
    Cheers, Phil
    Thanks Phil , as for the ball shot in 5.4mm Protek have them from time to time .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !