Thread: BSA Standard

BSA Standard

I'm looking at finishing my Standard this winter which I bought for £35 from a junk shop.I had to saw through the locating pin at the joint by the end block and now have to get what's left of the pin out of the end block,looks like a bit of heat maybe weld a nut on the end and it will unscrew? Has anyone done this before? I can repair the stock which has other damage anyway but I'm after a trigger guard as it had a horrible home made job on it.Do Protek still those repro ones?
    In saying yes to this air rifle you are confirming that you are not a messer and are allowed to go out in public without your carer

edbear2 Guest
    Hi, the stock locating pin is a standard (plain) tooling pin just pressed in originally, easily replaced with a drill shank with rounded ends once you have the remnants out and cleaned up the hole

you could even go a drill size larger if the stock hole is enlarged and fit a slight oversize pin to take up movement.

ATB, Ed

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Good news on the rebuild. es Protek gueards still avalible I beleive, but theymay need some modificaiton to get the screw holes ot line up. John Knibbs do them too.