Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
Ged I notice yours looks like brass , photos I have are of blued steel barrel and silver pump, handle and stock of wood .
I checked on the Protek rifle and that too is 5.4mm perhaps they did both calibres but again Protek listing as" Excelent" Swedish air rifle.
Hiya mate, & all,
The Excellent & the Bahco are all brass, They were nickel coated & I removed mine as it was patchy , & I will re nickel when I am set up again,

They are identical, excepting for calibre & some later tweeks, I have to laugh when I hear of 10 Fpe !!!!!
I have a tuned one in my hands, ( By me )
The material thickness of the brass pump tube is very light, Certainly not given to " Hard " Pumping,

The pumping effort is considerable, & The mechanics of the pump design inhibit excessive pressure, This allied to the breech which is only a mating surface IE No seal.
The pump head has a unique feature, It seals when pumping up, But on returning the vacuum is released via the pump head,

The barrel is blacked, Octagonal to round & smooth bored & in good condition with a very nice stock with steel shoulder " Bit "
Believe it or not ! Haha, Ged.