Thread: Swedish Air rifles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Swedish Air rifles

Anyone heard of the models made by Swedish airgun manufaturers A B Arnheim of stockholm ,been told they have a part rifled barrel b/a pump rifle from 1906-
    1975 and have an usual calibre of 5.4mm ,pumps to around 10ft Lbs energy , are they listed anywhere in more detail ,what models are there are they all pumpers ,why were they this cal and can you get pellets for them ,are they common in Uk autions etc ?
    Last edited by hawkeye; 02-12-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Swedish Excellent.

See this thread for some good info http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537...quot%3B+rifle-

I have seen Excellent's listed in auctions and I think one or two dealers adverts in the UK.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

I've just checked and Protek have a Model C1 listed on their site.
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

Thanks for those links will check it out now .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by Tantomurata View Post
    I've just checked and Protek have a Model C1 listed on their site.
    That price is too much for me , are they easy to import into Uk from Sweden or too much hassle with customs ?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    That price is too much for me , are they easy to import into Uk from Sweden or too much hassle with customs ?
    No idea, I've never imported anything from Sweden.

I have imported vintage airguns from other countries, most often from the USA.
    Customs are normally straightforward. They generally just want to ensure that the air rifle is legal and does not require an FAC, and if tax is to be charged they want to know the price you paid for it. Published data on velocity or power output is always useful to have.

There shouldn't be any tax importing an air rifle from Sweden as it is an EU member.
    The power limit for air rifles not requiring a licence is lower in Sweden than it is here. I don't know the power output of the Excellent models, but some may be on a licence in Sweden, that might need to be considered in any export from Sweden to you.

You might find it easier to import from the USA, but bear in mind that you will be charged tax on the purchase price and shipping cost, plus a fee (for collecting the tax) by whichever parcel/courier service you use. Typical shipping cost for an air rifle from the USA to UK by USPS is around $50. There are some Excellents for sale at this link http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=92

Thanks for that info.Tantomurata , been told a good Excellent will put out around 10 ft LBs , is the ammo available in UK though , 5.4 lead balls .