Thread: Swedish Air rifles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shabee View Post
    Hello
    not all the excellent rifles will load pellets, the ones with the rotary knob will only take 5.4mm ball ammo unless you want to try to push a pellet backwards into the rotary breech and i wouldnt have thought that a good idea?
    if you want to go the way torrens suggests you need to make sure you get the one with the pivoting breech, i still have a brand new excellent match somewhere which takes 10x lead balls in a magazine, they are a nice gun to play with if youve never had one, they feel and handle better than they look.
    ric
    A friend on another forum from Netherlands has a couple from new and he has said he tried sizing pellets but accuracy was crap so he reverted to buying the 5.4mm ball shot from Sweden but postage was crippling , what year is the match rifle you have and is still 5.4 mm ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    A friend on another forum from Netherlands has a couple from new and he has said he tried sizing pellets but accuracy was crap so he reverted to buying the 5.4mm ball shot from Sweden but postage was crippling , what year is the match rifle you have and is still 5.4 mm ?
    Hi, I have one !
    Its not called an Excellent because this is the gun they were copied from ?
    Its a " Bahco " Made by the wrench people from sweden circa 1900 & mentioned in the Blue Book. ( Note the price )
    Its also not 5.4 mm, I think 4.4 mm , It would make I would think around 3-4 Fpe ,

I think any of these guns regardless of calibre would not make much more , I say this because even though they are pneumatic, There is no breech seal & The pumping has no mechanical advantage ?
    The one I have is in very good condition ( It needs the nickel plating to the brass parts to make " Nearly " perfect for the year )

Certainly a collectible ! Possibly a museum addition for the swedes !
    Anyway, Here it is, Ged.

Last edited by gedfinn 2; 24-12-2013 at 01:01 PM.