Thread: LP10 Service

LP10 Service

Hi all,
    Been down the club where a couple of our top shooters use a newer version of the steyr lp10 which I shoot and they have advisedcme that the velocity of my pistol is slower than they're ones.
    They suggest I get mine serviced so does any one know of someone in the south west?
    Cheers.
    steyr LP 10.....now got to try to learn how to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send it to Harry and Sue Preston, Steyr UK, Harry can and does work wonders

Mind I do have to say speed isn't everything, my LP10e isn't as fast as many but in the bench jig it'll put 5 pellets through the same hole and the 6th will sit on the top of the hole without falling through. It took Harry 2 mins to tune it to do that

I wonder what Harry did.. I too have an LP10e. Not quite happy with the groups it makes when shot from a bench jig.

As i live in Finland, sending this pistol to UK fo service is not reasonable at the time.
    Not that this matters, even the way my pistol is now, it'll outshoot me any day. 10 shot group even with the cheapest pellets fits inside 10 ring.

LP10 service

I wonder what Harry did.. I too have an LP10e. Not quite happy with the groups it makes when shot from a bench jig
    It's a matter adjusting the velocity to a particular pellet. You would then need to buy a sleeve (10 tins) of that particular pellet to maintain that consistency. They would need to be good quality match pellets to go through exactly the same hole.
    Shooting a couple of cleaning pellets through the barrel will help.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Harry said to me, in most cases adjusting the velocity screw by up to 1/3 turn in either direction is all that's needed normally, mine was turn down. He set it up and then I bought 6 stacks of the same batch number pellets from him which should cover me for a while

Ok, I'll do some testing next week when i have a little vacation.
    I have already bought different pellets to test with but too much work..

Btw, what kind of velocity the lp10 should shoot?
    We do not have a modern chrono at the shooting range but a pendulum type device.. That may work.
    That's one thing to check too - is the muzzle velocity approx. right.

Refinement mechanism pistol Steyr LP10

Refinement mechanism pistol Steyr LP10

http://www.shooting-ua.com/arm-books/arm_book_198.htm

Athletes shoot from LP10, probably noticed that in some settings, trigger, when it is triggered, noticeable weak blow to trigger. Often it prevents firing. I think so, this is due to a rebound from the sear rod that holds the handle.