Thread: New to Ft shooting

New to Ft shooting

Hi chaps ive had rifles for years im just a general hobby shooter ,Id really like to do some entry level Ft or just start from scratch and work my way up,Ill also be in the market for a starter ft rifle

Im in merseyside and used to shoot at sandhalls air rifle club, but now got a permition were I can practice paper punching

I like the idea of FT Im not a bad shot but could improve Any links,Tips would be great or even clubs in the northwest area

FT

Hi Sammy

Check out these sites for more FT related stuff:

http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/

http://www.fieldtargetworld.co.uk/

For FT I would say the scope is more important than the rifle. You will need to find one with good rangefinding capabilities. A good all-round scope is a Nikko Stirling Diamond (known as a Big Nikko) 10-50x60.

A decent affordable FT rifle would be a used Air Arms EV2 mk1. Keep an eye out in the sales section on here and Shootng-the-breeze.

By far, the best thing to do would be to try as many rifles as possible til you find a match for you. I went thru a couple til I found my used Steyr and even then the stock wasn't right so I bought a used FT stock from the sales section on here.

ATB

Peter

thanks For the advice peter I didnt know there was a sales section lol

Ill take on board the scopes I likethe look of the AA evo1 looks a very nice rifle

Get to a club

Best bet is find your nearest Ft club

http://www.nwfta.co.uk/

One of my favourite Ft grounds is tawd Vale. Not far from you?

Go see Paula or Dave schoefield there, there are top ft shooters that will help you decide whats for you.

Most ft bods will let you try their kit, so you can then see what suits you, sir?

Si
    Ostler Ev2 in Warren Edwards off set (Pope) + Prem ret x45 Comp Series luepold
    Oaktree FTC
    Air Arms XTi50 Test Pilot

thanks si ive been looking on there site looks a nice set up

cheers

Well fellas ive now bought and paid for hy first Ft /Hft rifle. AR20 some good reviews for the money now neededing a nice big scope

Ar20

I've heard good things about the AR20, let us know how it performs. Have you decided on which scope to get?

Hi mate on a budget untill next year christmas and so on, so just bought a p-o-A scope 4-16 x 56 side wheel focus ect...
    Its had some great reviews so for a sub £170 scope im happy for now

rifle should land tomorrow , looking to get a hawke side winder as i had one on my hw100 a couple of years back and loved it ,
    That was stolen along with the hw100

Ill post a thread when ive had a play

thanks for all advice above