Thread: Best Pellets for Air Arms TX200HC in 0.22

Best Pellets for Air Arms TX200HC in 0.22

Guys,

as per previous thread I am expecting my nex toy to arrive soon. What are the best pellets for the Air Arms TX200HC in 0.22?

I currently use Webley Lazadomes and Accupells in the rifles I have at the moment and I favour the Lazadomes. Are they any use in the TX200?

I was going to buy some AA Fields but saw they came in 5.51mm and 5.52mm sizes I didn't bother getting any. Which one of these fit the TX 200 best?

Cheers

Sub Sea Sniper

Pellet choice

Hi,
    I have had my Tx200 .22 cal for a couple of months now, and i also own a S410 again in .22 cal.
    In the Tx200 i only use Air Arms field pellets, everyone knows Air Arms test their rifles using their own pellets, they say this in the manual.
    In the S410 though i find H&N FTT to be more than adequate

duck of death Guest
    I received my TX200 HC in .177 from Ramsbottoms this week , and have tried air arms field 4.51 and 4.52 in it. Found both to be very accurate although the 4.52 do tend to fit that little bit more snug into the barrel so will probably stick with those. Suggest you try the same with your .22 to see which ones it prefers.

Pete

Mortimer Guest
    I used .22 H&N FTs in mine, they proved very accurate; I could manage a 1cm group at 30 yards on occasion, and I'm by no means a brilliant shot. (Bench rested, of course!).

corb.177 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duck of death
    I received my TX200 HC in .177 from Ramsbottoms this week , and have tried air arms field 4.51 and 4.52 in it. Found both to be very accurate although the 4.52 do tend to fit that little bit more snug into the barrel so will probably stick with those. Suggest you try the same with your .22 to see which ones it prefers.

Pete
    JSB exacts 4.52. Outstanding. Are AA's rebaged or made by JSB?

Baz had recommended Webley Lazapells for mine. Remember pllet preference can vary between similar rifles but worth a try.

Clean bore, shoot about 20 to 50 times before trying for a group.

Rustam

Quote Originally Posted by corb.177
    JSB exacts 4.52. Outstanding. Are AA's rebaged or made by JSB?

Do a search.
    AAs are made by JSB in Czech Republic but are not the same.

thanks for the reply guys, unfortunately I have only a couple of gunshops in my area, none of which stock AA pellets.

I am limited to Accupell, Lazadomes, Lazapells, Eley Wasps, Milbro Caledonians, RWS domes and, I think Bisley pellets (is that right? I remember seeing a green tin that looked like the Bisley green.)

I reckon I will stick with Lazadomes for a while and see how they get on, they are nice pellets and weigh in at 16 grains which is what I need when rabbiting.

Cheers.

Sub Sea Sniper