Thread: Classic Carbon League - Anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by karandras View Post
    So what lightweight Co2 pistols do you have then Bob???

Try a Feinwerkbau Model 2 Compact - that is a really nice little pistol, but the TAU 7 and Alfa Prod are also well liked and not too heavy.

I swear you are on some kind of mission to get us in trouble with our other halves

Absolutely!

I still have that FWB C20 you tried out for sale!
    Your C20 is a superbly accurate pistol - as good as any PCP - shame it is a little too heavy for you - but it will get snapped-up by some lucky person if we get this Classic Carbon League up and running - especially with that rare Morini Wedge grip it has on it.

If Nocity buys it he will only need another 3 CO2 pistols to get his full set !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

CO2 for the old and infirm!

Some of us "senior" shooters (and those carrying injuries) that really enjoy shooting the Classic air pistols also admit that the prolonged cocking of a pistol like the HW45 or even the mighty FWB Model 65/80 can be a bit of a strain following a long session.........and the SSP pistols can be just as bad or worse!

The CO2 pistols can be as easy to cock and operate as a PCP, and so this may also add to their appeal as well.

They are also very cheap to run ( CO2 bulk cylinders seem to last forever inbetween fills) and/or have the convenience of the small CO2 Sparklets type bulbs that can be easlly carried in the pocket or pistol case for immeadiate replenishment.

CO2 Classic single shot air pistols have a lot going for them and deserve to be acknowledged in the same way that we have already done for the springers and SSP pistols in the MPL - they will never replace these other models - that is NOT the idea - the idea is to get them back into the clubs and onto the ranges again so we remember what we may have missed the first time around and enjoy them now they have become Classics and are much more affordable.

The Classic Carbon League could be good fun, and another excuse to shoot some different toys!

How about shooting it during the first week of the month ? - always the week after the MPL has been shot so it is easy enough to remember!

Then all we need is pcp 2nd week & speed shooting co2 3rd week & it's a full house, I'll just nip out & sell a kidney to fund the tools for the job. I can feel a divorce coming on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    Then all we need is pcp 2nd week & speed shooting co2 3rd week & it's a full house, I'll just nip out & sell a kidney to fund the tools for the job. I can feel a divorce coming on!!
    I don't think we need to promote any PCP shooting as that is already very well established in with the various competitions and leagues we already take part in.

Good idea about selling the kidney though as the cash could come in handy for a nice CO2 pistol - but if it is not worth as much as you had hoped for you can still borrow one of my CO2 pistols if this new competition does get started.

I've been put on the waiting list for a new kidney.

It's a very exclusive butchers.

I think we may have interest in the C.C.L. (Classic Carbon League) during the winter months but during the summer (dont blink or you will miss it ) a lot of the Rivi members are partaking in HFT and F.T. as well as the M.P.L., the 10m rifle league and the Scottish 10m Postal Pistol compts. so the competition events calendar is quite full.

ATB
    TC1
    Last edited by I. J.; 13-12-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Don't think I could call mine new kidneys more spares or repair I think might get a couple of co2 bulbs for one don't think it would run to a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    Don't think I could call mine new kidneys more spares or repair I think might get a couple of co2 bulbs for one don't think it would run to a pistol.
    I could take the other one as a deposit!

What is the Muscle Power League

First I've heard of this what is the MPL is it another locals only fraternity. I have lots of old spring target pistols that need use (by me) before we all go rusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat Willi View Post
    First I've heard of this what is the MPL is it another locals only fraternity. I have lots of old spring target pistols that need use (by me) before we all go rusty.
    This is the Carbon Classic League thread.

This: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....hats-that-then may help with regards to the Muscle Power League. The rules and regs are in there somewhere amongst all the chaff.

Toot toot!

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat Willi View Post
    Hi Willi,

We would welcome anyone who would like to shoot in the MPL, or the Classic Carbon League - it does not have to be a locals only event.

Both series can be entered by anyone, although the MPL is mainly directed at club teams, so if you have any club-mates or friends that can from a team that would be great. The CCL at the moment is being run as an individual event, but we are hoping as more people start to take part we can also include a team competition.

Please take a look on my site ( see address below) where the rules for both are clearly displayed and get back to me if you are interested.

You may also like to read the most popular BBS thread - "Muscle Power League - what's that then" where the MPL rules are also clearly displayed on the very first entry.

The first week of each month is CCL week!

We are a bit late this month - so lets get busy and catch up!

If anyone would like to be best mates with IJ ( The Carbon Kid) - just ask him how many grams of CO2 he can squeeze into his two sizes of Feinwerkbau cylinders.

........and then put your ear defenders on because it could be a long night !

Please don't ask him when he is in RMTC though as we need to lock up at 10pm - he definately has a gasious form of OCD - or as Ian likes to organise it - CDO - so it is in the correct order

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    If anyone would like to be best mates with I.J.....
    now there's a poisoned chalice for a brave person to grasp....

ATB
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    He's been a happy bunny tonight,playing with my Pardini K60.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu