Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Carbon League - Anyone?

When I arrived at RMTC last night I thought I was on the bridge of a Rohmulan warbird. There were Rohmulans everywhere.

After my performance last night I'm considering changing my user name to Colander. That sure is what the target looked like last night.

Kind Regards,
    Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by gettingonabit View Post
    When I arrived at RMTC last night I thought I was on the bridge of a Rohmulan warbird. There were Rohmulans everywhere.

All being "single shot" I should add

After my performance last night I'm considering changing my user name to Colander. That sure is what the target looked like last night.

Kind Regards,
    Glen.
    Good idea - it must be a bit of a "strain" for you at the moment
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Lots of "new" CO2 pistols are to be seen on the range over the last few days, so maybe the Classic Carbon League is about to gain some more interest?

There are now 3 Rohm Trainers in active service, and a Rohm Twinmaster is about to get a CO2 conversion - hence the Rohmulan invasion.

TC2 has been shooting far too well with his Feinwerkbau C10, and so is going to handicap himself by shooting a Hammerli Sparkler! My Walther CP1 is having the valving modified as there are no spares available to fix it, but hopefully it can be updated by converting some of the parts to a later type.

Good news - lets see how many enter the second round in April.
    Last edited by zooma; 19-03-2013 at 07:55 AM.

'CLASSIC Carbon League'?? Rohm? Classic?

I think they should be eligible for a Boring Carbon League and the Classic section eligible to those manufactured before 1960 (like my Hammerli Sparkler ). They should use the 8g CO2 capsules (like my Hammerli Sparkler ) with a non adjustable trigger (yes, youve guessed it - like my Hammerli Sparkler ).

My Hammerli Sparkler - http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=0

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    As the only entrant in that class (Hippo's Hammerli Master is poorly sick at the moment) just get the trophy engraved with your name using the money you would have spent on soda syphon bulbs

ATB

Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Hopefully I will have received my new Co2 tool in time.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Hopefully I will have received my new Co2 tool in time.
    Fine but how old is it and does the trigger need potato scale weights to check the pull????
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Fine but how old is it and does the trigger need potato scale weights to check the pull????
    The Walther CP2 is a fine pistol - I hope to borrow it to photograph for bobsairguns (hint ).

My CP1 is almost the same pistol, but trigger valve parts are impossible to find ( and mine unexpectedly started leaking) , so some work is being done to try and fit a later type of valve to return it to working condition.

The CP1 was the rival to the first Feinwerkbau CO2 pistol - the FWB Model 2 - and the CP2 was a minor variant of the CP1 with a more easily removed trigger assembly.

When they are working they are very good - I like old Walthers - but then again I like old Alfa cars too - and they are a bit temperamental as well !

So mrfixit's going down the Walther road to challenge the CFK (dyslexic fast food franchisee) for this limited entry championship Should be very interesting and perhaps it will get nerdy when they start comparing bulk fills.........I can't wait

Need to make sure we're stocked up on bandages, sticking plasters, tie wraps and elastic bands to keep the pistols fettled.

So mrfixit's going down the Walther road to challenge the CFK (dyslexic fast food franchisee) for this limited entry championship Should be very interesting and perhaps it will get nerdy when they start comparing bulk fills.........I can't wait

Need to make sure we're stocked up on bandages, sticking plasters, tie wraps and elastic bands to keep the pistols fettled.
    .......it could end in tears!

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Mr Jones the bean spiller
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Mr Jones the bean spiller
    He's not taken up juggling as well now has he

Bulk fill CO2 is old hat! Im now into tuning 8g sparklet bulbs.

He's not taken up juggling as well now has he
    How pointless is juggling?

If I wanted to keep three or more things in the air simultaneously, I'd use a shelf. [but NOT one Gladys puts up]

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Bulk fill CO2 is old hat! Im now into tuning 8g sparklet bulbs.
    HHHHEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!