Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Carbon League - Anyone?

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    'CLASSIC Carbon League'?? Rohm? Classic?

I think they should be eligible for a Boring Carbon League and the Classic section eligible to those manufactured before 1960 (like my Hammerli Sparkler ). They should use the 8g CO2 capsules (like my Hammerli Sparkler ) with a non adjustable trigger (yes, youve guessed it - like my Hammerli Sparkler ).

My Hammerli Sparkler - http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=0

ATB
    Ian
    Pity the skips still not at the range,we could have chucked it in with the rest of the rubbish
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Fine but how old is it and does the trigger need potato scale weights to check the pull????
    Pardini has run out of Co2 Mike.
    Home Page:

Well, any idiot can fill a bulk fill CO2. (Have you managed it yet Steve?)

Now, getting 9g of CO2 into an 8g Sparklet bulb .......
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Pity the skips still not at the range,we could have chucked it in with the rest of the rubbish
    I thought you would have learnt to stay well away from skips.

Hammerli trigger now modified.

I thought you would have learnt to stay well away from skips.

Hammerli trigger now modified.
    Every time I walk up to one,a shiver runs down my spine.
    Home Page:

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Every time I walk up to one,a shiver runs down my spine.
    Could be worse! Your trousers could fall off.

Look on the positive side. All the hours of amusement its given me since you told me. A lesser man would have stayed quiet, suffered in silence and not taken any stick. Not our Mr Wilson. Hes a 'brave little soldier'.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Could be worse! Your trousers could fall off.

Look on the positive side. All the hours of amusement its given me since you told me. A lesser man would have stayed quiet, suffered in silence and not taken any stick. Not our Mr Wilson. He's a 'brave little soldier'.
    Or a complete idiot - some things should be kept quiet; particularly when the "Town Crier of old Oswaldtwistle" is within earshot.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

classic

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    As the only entrant in that class (Hippo's Hammerli Master is poorly sick at the moment) just get the trophy engraved with your name using the money you would have spent on soda syphon bulbs

ATB

Mike
    HOLD the engraving theres a parcel from Lawrie arrived at my dads:-)
    It must be the newly serviced n sealed Hammerli with the Fully adjustable trigger.... he he!
    Anyone lend hp1 a white flag ;-)
    Hippo

Rohm

'CLASSIC Carbon League'?? Rohm? Classic?

I think they should be eligible for a Boring Carbon League and the Classic section eligible to those manufactured before 1960 (like my Hammerli Sparkler ). They should use the 8g CO2 capsules (like my Hammerli Sparkler ) with a non adjustable trigger (yes, youve guessed it - like my Hammerli Sparkler ).

My Hammerli Sparkler - http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=0

ATB
    Ian

Dissin the Rohm ? ur on dodgy ground!
    Does the current leading CCL pistol come from Germany? yes is it a Fein? No.. a Walt (fixit) noooo it begins with an R!!
    Definately not an aich splutterer ;-)
    IPPO

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    Dissin the Rohm ? ur on dodgy ground!
    Does the current leading CCL pistol come from Germany? yes is it a Fein? No.. a Walt (fixit) noooo it begins with an R!!
    Definately not an aich splutterer ;-)
    IPPO
    'Dissin the Rohm' ??? Moi? Never. But can it be classed as a classic as in CLASSIC Carbon League.

'Dissin the Rohm' ??? Moi? Never. But can it be classed as a classic as in CLASSIC Carbon League.
    Your vintage Hamfizz uses a CO2 capsule - just like the Rohm, and the Tau ( and many others) - although the capacity of yours is a little less than most of the others, the propulsion system is still exactly the same - carbon dioxide (CO2) - a Classic propulsion system that is little used in single shot match pistols any more.

Those CO2 single shot match pistols that are still in production represent good value for money (much like the pistols used in the MPL) and so can encourage newcomers to have a go at pistol target shooing, and for those of us that already shoot air pistol, it gives us the chance to seek-out a CO2 pistol and enjoy another competition class at little cost.

Hopefully the CCL will be as successful as the MPL eventually, and provide just as much fun.

BB shooting CO2 pistols however will remain banned - whatever vintage they are
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Your vintage Hamfizz uses a CO2 capsule - just like the Rohm, and the Tau ( and many others) - although the capacity of yours is a little less than most of the others,
    It's in proportion to the owner
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Steyr LP10 Carbon?

It is possible to retro-fit an existing LP10 or LP2 to shoot on CO2.

The retro-conversion kits can still be found, and many have been chucked away or just been left laying about in drawers etc as most of the old LP-1 pistols were converted to PCP ( LP-1P) types.

This retro-fit would give the best possible CO2 single shot pistol for CCL use - especially for those that already shoot an LP10 or LP2.

Just reverse the fitting instructions shown on the Steyr site showing how to convert a CO2 pistol to PCP.

I know it works!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

kurtz

Certainly not as classic as your new sawn off Hammerli single ;-)
    How many co2 Hammerlis does a man need for the ccl !
    Hippo

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    How many co2 Hammerlis does a man need for the ccl !
    Hippo
    One for each hand ..he'd be ambidextrous if he knew what it meant