Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Carbon League - Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Did I forget to tell you about the research I am doing and coalting the connection between ambient temperature and CO2 filling weights? I will show you the A4 folder, volume one, with my results the next time we meet.

ATB
    TC1 awaiting the new RMTC anoraks.
    .....sounds thrilling - we can hardly wait.

Did I remember to tell you the RMTC meeting has been moved to another day next week ?

......so maybe it would be a good to recite this thrilling information to the Rivi club members next week instead - I am sure they will appreciate it - although you may need to repeat it several times, just to mke sure they fully understand the complexities and theory of it all.

........sorry I forgot - you DO repeat it several times already!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    .....sounds thrilling - we can hardly wait.

Did I remember to tell you the RMTC meeting has been moved to another day next week ?

......so maybe it would be a good to recite this thrilling information to the Rivi club members next week instead - I am sure they will appreciate it - although you may need to repeat it several times, just to mke sure they fully understand the complexities and theory of it all.

........sorry I forgot - you DO repeat it several times already!
    It would be lost on them. Some of them are still struggling to count to 5!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    It would be lost on them. Some of them are still struggling to count to 5!
    No, we covered that in the recent coaching course; but it did take well over an hour of the session
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Mays round starts on Weds 1st May until Tues 7th May.
    Dust off the old CO2 pistol.

Its getting close in some quarters.

Results so far. Can I stress that this is NOT a team/club event. While it does involve the members from two local clubs (RMTC & RR) you can put the long knives away. Straight inward scoring with no handicaps. 6 cards. 5 shots/card.

Jan:
    Paul Wray - 260.
    Ian Jones - 255
    John Ward - 251
    Steve Wilson - 247
    Bob Stiles - 246
    Richard Shepherd - 236
    Ray Boucher - 232
    Geoff Radovic - 229
    Jackie Radovic - 229.

Feb:
    Paul Wray - 267
    Steve Wilson - 262
    John Ward - 261
    Ian Jones - 256
    Bob Stiles. - 250
    Jackie Radovic - 241
    Geoff Radovic -231
    Mike Barnard - 221
    Andi Mackenzie - 180

March
    Steve Wilson - 275
    Paul Wray - 272
    John Ward 265.
    Ian Jones - 263.
    Bob Stiles. - 253.
    John Gould - 242.
    Geoff Radovic - 236.
    Jackie Radovic - 231
    Mike Barnard - 228
    Richard Shepherd - 203
    Shaun Bell - 198
    Andi Mackenzie - 192

April
    Paul Wray 278
    John Ward 268
    Ian Jones. - 262
    Steve Wilson - 253
    John Gould - 245
    Richard Sheperd – 239
    Shaun Bell – 238
    Mike Barnard - 228
    Bob Stiles - 225
    Jackie Radovic 217
    Geoff Radovic – 214

Top scores so far.

Paul Wray 1077 Who is constantly scores above 260 his best being Aprils 278. Its going to take a bad day at the office for Paul to loose this one.
    John Ward 1045. The only person with a realistic chance of catching Paul. His first round in Jan (251) let him down.
    Steve Wilson 1037 His Jan round of 247 let him down badly. (Was this the 'Jack-The-Hat' day? ) He nearly wet himself with a 275 in March!
    Ian Jones. 1036 No realistic hope of catching the first two but my sights are firmly set on Mr Wilson and I hope to beat him with his ex pistol. (Im consistent to within 7 points. )

Start shooting these cards from Weds 1st May. Good luck. Series ends Sun. 9th June when a nicely engraved tankard will be presented to the winner to be held for 6 months.
    Last edited by I. J.; 06-05-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks for the results Ian - its a shame we did not record the pistols they were shot with (just for interest sake) as some of us have used something different every time and it sould be good to see how that worked (apart from getting a consistantly lower score by messing about with too many toys!).

I didn't want to complicate things too much Bob. I was just happy that most of them managed to write their names, a few even printed it, on the front of their shot cards.

ATB
    Ian

Writing will be covered on the next coaching course We're trying to avoid information overload; like we do with you
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Writing will be covered on the next coaching course We're trying to avoid information overload; like we do with you
    Oooohhhh1 I do so wish I could read the above.

Oooohhhh1 I do so wish I could read the above.
    Reading won't be covered until the late summer session - sorry I've put your name down; first on the list

Now we have completed the MPL this week, we can look forward to shooting the Classic Carbon League next week (first week of the month).

..shame TC1's C20 has gone sick

Whatever will he do

I have a really nice FWB C20 for sale if you know anybody that may like to buy one

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Now we have completed the MPL this week, we can look forward to shooting the Classic Carbon League next week (first week of the month).

..shame TC1's C20 has gone sick

Whatever will he do

I have a really nice FWB C20 for sale if you know anybody that may like to buy one
    Ha! Ive got a lovely Walther CP2 I bought of Mr Wilson (Mr.Fixit) including postage. My aim in life (get it?) is to beat Mr Wilson with his ex gun! I even went to church last night in the faint hope ...

CCL runs from today until Weds 8th. 6 cards. 5 shots per card. CO2 match pistols.

ATB
    TC1

And I do the scoring. Any appeals should be written on the back of a tenner (and no., I dont mean a male singer )

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=0 You can appeal of course BUT if I give you a ten you may loose it elsewhere.

ATB
    Ian

I picked up a few CCL (Mays round) cards at RMTC tonight. (Sorry but I would have had them scored earlier but I needed summat to eat. Its a bad habit I formed ever since I stopped breast feeding. )

Mays results to-date are:
    Richard Shepherd - 230
    Jackie Radovic - 226 (mathematical error of 1 point on one card)
    Geoff Radovic -223
    Glen Moulton - 222

The more observant, both of you, will have noticed a bit of a vengeance match between the Radovics. Presently going into the last round (June) Jackie is leading by 11 points. (J 1144 v G 1133) Geoff is now sponsored by The Samaritans. The final round will be a shoulder to shoulder competition. (That mans a fool! )
    Geoff - The Man From DelMonte - could end up loosing his pineapple chunks here! I, of course, will be the impartial observer and official scorer for the CCL but it must be noted Jackie makes an exceedingly good brew.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 04-05-2013 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Name spelling

Did my name change overnight?

Kind Regards,
    Glen.