Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Carbon League - Anyone?

CO2 for the old and infirm!

Some of us "senior" shooters (and those carrying injuries) that really enjoy shooting the Classic air pistols also admit that the prolonged cocking of a pistol like the HW45 or even the mighty FWB Model 65/80 can be a bit of a strain following a long session.........and the SSP pistols can be just as bad or worse!

The CO2 pistols can be as easy to cock and operate as a PCP, and so this may also add to their appeal as well.

They are also very cheap to run ( CO2 bulk cylinders seem to last forever inbetween fills) and/or have the convenience of the small CO2 Sparklets type bulbs that can be easlly carried in the pocket or pistol case for immeadiate replenishment.

CO2 Classic single shot air pistols have a lot going for them and deserve to be acknowledged in the same way that we have already done for the springers and SSP pistols in the MPL - they will never replace these other models - that is NOT the idea - the idea is to get them back into the clubs and onto the ranges again so we remember what we may have missed the first time around and enjoy them now they have become Classics and are much more affordable.

The Classic Carbon League could be good fun, and another excuse to shoot some different toys!

How about shooting it during the first week of the month ? - always the week after the MPL has been shot so it is easy enough to remember!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Then all we need is pcp 2nd week & speed shooting co2 3rd week & it's a full house, I'll just nip out & sell a kidney to fund the tools for the job. I can feel a divorce coming on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    Then all we need is pcp 2nd week & speed shooting co2 3rd week & it's a full house, I'll just nip out & sell a kidney to fund the tools for the job. I can feel a divorce coming on!!
    I don't think we need to promote any PCP shooting as that is already very well established in with the various competitions and leagues we already take part in.

Good idea about selling the kidney though as the cash could come in handy for a nice CO2 pistol - but if it is not worth as much as you had hoped for you can still borrow one of my CO2 pistols if this new competition does get started.

I've been put on the waiting list for a new kidney.

It's a very exclusive butchers.

I think we may have interest in the C.C.L. (Classic Carbon League) during the winter months but during the summer (dont blink or you will miss it ) a lot of the Rivi members are partaking in HFT and F.T. as well as the M.P.L., the 10m rifle league and the Scottish 10m Postal Pistol compts. so the competition events calendar is quite full.

ATB
    TC1
    Last edited by I. J.; 13-12-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Don't think I could call mine new kidneys more spares or repair I think might get a couple of co2 bulbs for one don't think it would run to a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    Don't think I could call mine new kidneys more spares or repair I think might get a couple of co2 bulbs for one don't think it would run to a pistol.
    I could take the other one as a deposit!

c02

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    There are some very good Classic single shot match pistols that run on those "silly little cartridges" including the Hammerli Master, TAU 7, Alfa Prod.

As a mater of interest, I bought a new CO2 bottle in 2011 and although I have used it a hell of a lot it still has some gas in it and it is still on it's original fill.

A large CO2 cylinder really does last for ages, but the dissapointing thing is that I have been told it will cost me £3 to have it refilled !

A bulk fill CO2 bottle could easilly be shared amongst a small group of shooters making a cheap solution to re-filling - get one with a "diptube" and it will not need to be inverted to fill the pistol.

If that route was chosen, there are some superb CO2 match pistols out there that includes the Feinwerkbau Model 2, C10 and C20, Walther CP1, CP2, CP3, CPM1, CPM, CP200, CP201.

I will leave it to other's to seek-out more good examples of CO2 match pistols but those shown already give a good choice of models that are available on the s/h market at very realistic prices.
    What was the cost to purchase the c02 bulk fill bottle ? and where did you purchase it.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by beeker View Post
    What was the cost to purchase the c02 bulk fill bottle ? and where did you purchase it.
    Bill
    Hi Bill,

I actually bought my cylinder brand new locally - I will check the price and let you know what it cost and where I bought it - we have the receipt in the club records.

Most seem to pick up a cylinder from their local pub or their suppliers as they use them to carbonate the drinks that are served from the pumps.

It should not be too difficult to find a local supplier closer to you.

ATB - Bob.

What an excuse for the Mrs. "I'm just off down to the pub to refill my cylinder!"

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    What an excuse for the Mrs. "I'm just off down to the pub to refill my cylinder!"

ATB
    Ian
    .....don't laugh - that's exactly how Andi got his Feinwerbau filled each time!

.....don't laugh - that's exactly how Andi got his Feinwerbau filled each time!
    Yep was a good excuse to visit the local "Sorry love, cylinders need filling again" and seeing as you're at a pub it'd be rude not to have a nice cold refreshing "top up" yourself .

I probably shouldn't have driven home from the pub last night...

Especially as I walked there in the first place.

I'll give the Classic Carbon a go if I can borrow a suitable pistol. Nothing ventured - nothing gained.
    My main priority will be the MPL and The Dorset but the CC sounds like fun.

ATB
    Ian

I probably shouldn't have driven home from the pub last night...

Especially as I walked there in the first place.

I'll give the Classic Carbon a go if I can borrow a suitable pistol. Nothing ventured - nothing gained.
    My main priority will be the MPL and The Dorset but the CC sounds like fun.

ATB
    Ian
    .......so you will probably have a CO2 pistol by next week then eh?

.......so you will probably have a CO2 pistol by next week then eh?
    Not if I keep my HW55.

ATB
    Ian

Not if I keep my HW55.

ATB
    Ian
    What HW55 was that then?

I am concerned that my office can act like a selective Burmuda Triangle sometimes - (must remember to destroy the photographic evidence!)
    Last edited by zooma; 14-12-2012 at 09:36 PM.