Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Classic Carbon League - Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Yes, and it beats my personal best score of 58grams of CO2 in a FWB cylinder. (Dont get me started on that one. ))
    I think your inbuilt gas supply and tight fitting adaptor may have been used to some advantage here when it comes to super-charging your FWB cylinder with more gas than the rest of us can squeeze into ours

We just don't know how you do it - but be careful not to over-charge - we would hate to see you explode
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I think your inbuilt gas supply and tight fitting adaptor may have been used to some advantage here when it comes to super-charging your FWB cylinder with more gas than the rest of us can squeeze into ours

We just don't know how you do it - but be careful not to over-charge - we would hate to see you explode
    What? Like Mike?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

What? Like Mike?

I'm very carefull not to overfill my cylinder. That's why all my discharges are controlled!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0006 View Post
    I'm very carefull not to overfill my cylinder. That's why all my discharges are controlled!!!
    A bit like Chernobyl.

Be careful - 'Chernobyl' drop off.

I dug my FWB Model 2 out today and took it to the club along with a high cylinder version of the C10.

Mike had his C20 and Ray had his low cylinder C10 so it was quite a good Feinwerkbau line-up of CO2 pistols on the range tonight.

They really are a hugely under-rated family of match pistols that can hold their own against any PCP at 10 meters.

They really are a hugely under-rated family of match pistols that can hold their own against any PCP at 10 meters.
    I.J. = C20 = 50 ex 50.

I eagerly await your CCL scores for October. (9 days and counting down).

I.J. = C20 = 50 ex 50.
    Proof indeed that the FWB CO2 pistols are very competitive and hugely under-rated - but it is a shame that Ingrid was the first to achieve a perfect score with one as we will never hear the end of it. Its bad enough listening to his never ending bragging about how much CO2 he can squeeze into an FWB cylinder and in this ( and other respects) he resembles a tramps overcoat.

Hopefully IJ can display his prowess with his CO2 pistol at RMTC again next week - Mike keep's hitting 49's but not a 50 when shooting on the range against others in competition - but I am sure Ingrid would love to show him how it is done

Proof indeed that the FWB CO2 pistols are very competitive and hugely under-rated - but it is a shame that Ingrid was the first to achieve a perfect score with one as we will never hear the end of it. Its bad enough listening to his never ending bragging about how much CO2 he can squeeze into an FWB cylinder and in this ( and other respects) he resembles a tramps overcoat.

Hopefully IJ can display his prowess with his CO2 pistol at RMTC again next week - Mike keep's hitting 49's but not a 50 when shooting on the range against others in competition - but I am sure Ingrid would love to show him how it is done
    Ive shown you how its done, twice. The results are on the clubs notice board. Its very difficult to obtain 50s through streaming eyes and with cotton wool buds up your nose.

As for CO2 filling. Its 4.30am and Im still experimenting. Ive managed a personal best of 272g on a FWB short cylinder (empty weight 225g) This was achieved by putting the cylinder into a fridge (-2 degrees) for 17.5 minutes and then filling with the cylinder pointing in a northerly direction.......

Ive shown you how its done, twice. The results are on the clubs notice board. Its very difficult to obtain 50s through streaming eyes and with cotton wool buds up your nose.

As for CO2 filling. Its 4.30am and Im still experimenting. Ive managed a personal best of 272g on a FWB short cylinder (empty weight 225g) This was achieved by putting the cylinder into a fridge (-2 degrees) for 17.5 minutes and then filling with the cylinder pointing in a northerly direction.......
    Are you awake yet?

Your nocturnal activities have always been a concern , but I still have the label you stuck on my short FWB CO2 cylinder when you so kindly filled it for me.

The label reads:- "224g - Full - 248g".

You seemed quite happy with the fill at the time so the increase up to 272g is a big improvement - well done

Im using heavier CO2.

I.J. = C20 = 50 ex 50.

I eagerly await your CCL scores for October. (9 days and counting down).
    Stop it with the 50 ex 50. It's driving me mad now.

Stop it with the 50 ex 50. It's driving me mad now.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=192

Last night - new (to me) CO2 toy. 4th card. 5 shots in approx 5 seconds (witnessed). O.K., so I had a bad pellet.

Dont forget Mike. When you see the R.M.T.C. Riff Raff we have to have their scores in (MPL and CCL) by the 31st Oct. Ive got both your lots in and listed.

ATB
    Ian

Last night - new (to me) CO2 toy. 4th card. 5 shots in approx 5 seconds (witnessed). O.K., so I had a bad pellet.

Dont forget Mike. When you see the R.M.T.C. Riff Raff we have to have their scores in (MPL and CCL) by the 31st Oct. Ive got both your lots in and listed.

ATB
    Ian

What's the new toy then? (you need more of those bad pellets, I have a supplier. ) I'll remind Bob but I' sure he won't have forgotten.

Mike

What's the new toy then? (you need more of those bad pellets, I have a supplier. ) I'll remind Bob but I' sure he won't have forgotten.

Mike

Yeah - we call him Bob!

BRNO B96. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=103 I cant use it at RMTC because its a multi shot (5) It did come with a single shot adaptor (which I haven't used yet) but thats like chewing a toffee with the paper still on.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)

ATB
    Ian
    Who was the witness? Thornton? He'll say anything for a dog biscuit

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal