Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Classic Carbon League - Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Who was the witness? Thornton? He'll say anything for a dog biscuit

ATB
    Mike.
    Len actually - but then again he'll say anything for a ginger nut.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0006 View Post
    Stop it with the 50 ex 50. It's driving me mad now.
    You should know by now Mike that is exactly what Ingrid wants to do - drive as many people mad as possible - presumably to join him in the local asylum

First we had the unrelenting running commentary on his CO2 cylinder filling prowess and the "personal best" records he kept breaking - and now we have the 50 ex 50 scores to contend with.

The only good thing about the 50 ex 50 is that he cannot improve on it and so this should give us all a bit of a rest in the future.......until he start filling those blasted CO2 cylinders again
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The only good thing about the 50 ex 50 is that he cannot improve on it and so this should give us all a bit of a rest in the future.......
    But when he repeats the 50 ex 50, we all get a free brew ........and we make sure as many members as possible benefit

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

RMTC hit by the Flue Bug

RMTC is not likely to be able to put up many results either for the Classic Carbon league or the MPL this month - due to FLUE and other similar symptoms.

Mike has never missed a club night due to illness but he had to pack it in early on Tuesday and never made it on Thursday - but he did shoot his cards before he was stuck down ( bad luck Ingrid )

Chris came back from his foreign hols with a flue like dose of something or other and Gareth showed good support by also looking wobbly and announcing that he too was on antibiotic's.

Not to be outdone John is having some eye surgery and I am having some further attention to my old neck injury as it is nigh-on impossible to hold a pistol at the moment whilst other members of the clan are simply unable to get away from work.

We were all OK before the last visit from Ingrid so we suspect some form of sewer based bug was shared with us before he left.

Not to worry - I am sure we will all be appreciated more when we do get back to working condition again

Novembers results (so far):

RMTC

Mike Swales - 257 (FWB C20)

R.R.
    Paul Wray - 274
    Ian Jones - 273 (FWB C20)
    Last edited by I. J.; 23-11-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Novembers results (so far):

RMTC

Mike Swales - 257 (FWB C20)

R.R.
    Paul Wray - 274
    Ian Jones - 273 (FWB C20)
    What pistol did Paul use?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    What pistol did Paul use?
    Its not stated on the cards. PLEASE can we disqualify him? At least penalize him 2 points.

ATB
    'Desperate' Ian

vintage

Vintage Hammerli ....... can I have 3 points per card Ian....;-)
    Wobbly Ham :-)

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    Vintage Hammerli ....... can I have 3 points per card Ian....;-)
    Wobbly Ham :-)
    A Hammerli Master by any chance ?

Indeed Sir it is.
    Only just pipped 'Mr 50' with it though......

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    Indeed Sir it is.
    Only just pipped 'Mr 50' with it though......
    Yes but the 50s are costing me a fortune. [Its a club tradition than anyone getting a 50 ex 50 pays for and makes a brew for everyone present.]

Some members, no names 'Hippo' try to sneak them out. Its easier to get a ginger nut off Gladys.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    [Its a club tradition than anyone getting a 50 ex 50 pays for and makes a brew for everyone present.]
    And waiting until the club room is empty or mentioning your score of 50 as we're locking up has minimised the cost

See you for my free brew tonight; on consideration, the 49 you claimed last night was a 50 eagle eye doesn't lie........

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    And waiting until the club room is empty or mentioning your score of 50 as we're locking up has minimised the cost

See you for my free brew tonight; on consideration, the 49 you claimed last night was a 50 eagle eye doesn't lie........

ATB
    Mike.
    Damn. Sussed.

I am going to propose (at the club A.G.M. - I think its 2nd December Rons going on the 3rd. ) tah anyone scoring a 50 ex 50 gets FREE brews for the week.
    And if you score a 50 in compt you get free Ginger Nuts

Damn. Sussed.

I am going to propose (at the club A.G.M. - I think its 2nd December Rons going on the 3rd. ) tah anyone scoring a 50 ex 50 gets FREE brews for the week.
    And if you score a 50 in compt you get free Ginger Nuts
    Good idea - but can I suggest it should only be considered if you can prove you are an adult and stand over 5ft 11inches tall - and we will adopt the same ruling at RMTC to show our united support for this excellent new proposal.

Anyone failing to meet this minimum requirement will be honour bound to make the brews for all other club members for a full calendar month - by way of celebration for scoring a 50 ex 50 on the club range concerned.

I also think it would be a good idea for the lucky person who scores a 50 ex 50 to supply a new packet of Ginger Nuts on each and every occasion as well.

Decembers scores - todate.

Ian Jones 267 - (MPT-1)
    Shaun Bell - 246 (Tau)