Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Carbon League - Anyone?

I think co2 refills may have gone up
    I paid £50 for a 5 year lease and £13 for the fill. This was in St Hellens Merseyside. It is a dip tube (syphon) cylinder.
    This was the only place I could find on merseyside apart from BOC who where very expensive.
    I currently shoot a FWB Model 2, fantastic little pistol, very accurate and 250 ish shots from a fill of 50g and also a custom xs78 converted to bulk fill, this is only giving about 80 shots for 100g at about 10ftlb. Not getting great accuracy from it yet, but still trying different pellets.

Would love to join in with a competition, and while we are at it, how about a league for classic spring pistols, I have a lovely mint hurricane that I would love to shoot in anger

Quote Originally Posted by willo1962 View Post
    how about a league for classic spring pistols,
    The MPL (Muscle Power League) not do the job on that one?

It covers spring & SSP, Recoil & recoilless pistols.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....hats-that-then

Quote Originally Posted by willo1962 View Post
    I think co2 refills may have gone up
    I paid £50 for a 5 year lease and £13 for the fill. This was in St Hellens Merseyside. It is a dip tube (syphon) cylinder.
    This was the only place I could find on merseyside apart from BOC who where very expensive.
    I currently shoot a FWB Model 2, fantastic little pistol, very accurate and 250 ish shots from a fill of 50g and also a custom xs78 converted to bulk fill, this is only giving about 80 shots for 100g at about 10ftlb. Not getting great accuracy from it yet, but still trying different pellets.

Would love to join in with a competition, and while we are at it, how about a league for classic spring pistols, I have a lovely mint hurricane that I would love to shoot in anger
    I am hoping CO2 gas is a lot more expensive in Liverpool than it is here - I will be finding out very shortly as my cylinder now needs a refill !

The Model 2 is a superb pistol - I have one and rate it very highly.

We already have a league for spring pistols - check the thread on "Muscle Power League - whats that then" ......read it all if you have the time (inbetween the banter there is some good stuff) and try to find a few team mates to join you so you can enter a team in January!

.......not sure how good the Wobley would be though
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

co2

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    My attempt to get some of those Classic spring powered and SSP pistols out of the loft/cupboard ( wherever they have been lurking all this time) seems to have been fairly successful and those that are shooting them in the Muscle Power League are enjoying the competiton and the chance to press those wonderful old Classic air pistols back into regular action again.

The MPL has given them a new purpose and their owners some good competition at a very affordable price to encourage more people to try competetive pistol shooting.

However, my love of Classic air pistols recognises that there is still another small group of Classic air pistols that also need a rescue bid to get them back into action again and that is the single shot CO2 powered match pistols!

Like their spring powered and SSP cousins from a similar time period, these pistols can also be found still in good working order and can be bought at nice low prices ( compared to PCP pistols) and so I think we should find an excuse to get them back into action again as well.

Having floated the idea, I will put some more meat on the bones by preparing a set of rules along similar lines to those that we have at the moment with the MPL.

Maybe this idea will be liked - maybe not - but I think it could be just as enjoyable and inexpensive as taking part in as the MPL, and if it is run on similar lines it could be good fun as well.

There is even the possibility of including it as a sub-section of the MPL with a suitably adjusted score ( say minus 2 points per card) or as a complete "stand alone" series to be shot on a different week to the MPL.

Lets see what response this thread gets ( if any) and see how things go. If I can get enough interest we will have found a way to drag all of the old Classic air pistols (pre PCP) back into the Clubs and onto the ranges.

Sounds good to me Bob , the old BRNO could do with a dust :-)

TC2?????

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    I did like the co2 I tried only thing that puts me off is the filling it up, I'm all set for pcp with a tank & I like my springer's. Not sure I need another system to mess with but will definitely give the comp a go with a loaner
    Tempted r u by the dark side..... Selling soul for a fill of gas?
    Speaking of gas which traitor does that remind me of???
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    Tempted r u by the dark side..... Selling soul for a fill of gas?
    ;-)
    Another display of pure affection from the Rivvy side of the river - and you know how much he enjoys the attention......and the oportunity for a witty retort!

;-)
    Do you mean ... ..... it cant be ...... ...... he'd never find it :...... ....... Kevun is coming to RMTC??? .....

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

If I stick to shooting mpl for Rivi & shoot ccl for Rossendale does that still make me Tc2?.... Only asking as after the wife's Christmas shopping trip I will definatelly be shooting the ccl with a borrowed pistol .......if anyone has anything interesting I can try on either side of the great divide ) (I know when it comes to guns I'm anybody's) ......And by anything interesting I wasn't thinking of the origanal tc2's yellow tutu or the pink one you wanted him to get.....I have plenty of co2 bulbs just need something to use them in, don't think my barretta is up to it "or is it"........single shot target barretta!! They said the hw45 couldn't cut it I'll bring it with me tomorrow you never know!!

This "muscle power leaque" sounds fun
    I think most of the older guys (not many girls in our club..) started shooting ap with those spring powered feinwerkbau 65's. I bet club still has some in working order.. Will challenge some fellow shooters to shoot spring power for one competition some time

gas

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Do you mean ... ..... it cant be ...... ...... he'd never find it :...... ....... Kevun is coming to RMTC??? .....

ATB
    Ian
    Nice deflection ij :-)
    If Kevun moves over the hill that may bugger up Rossendales commitment to the clean air act!
    I apologise in advance if this post upsets Kevins sensitive side ;-)

Nice deflection ij :-)
    If Kevun moves over the hill that may bugger up Rossendales commitment to the clean air act!
    I apologise in advance if this post upsets Kevins sensitive side ;-)
    You dont often see the words 'Kevun' and 'sensitive' in the same sentence.

C. C. L. !

Bring it on.

ATB
    Ian

Can Rivvy Do It?

Is Rivvy up to the challenge of making a team to compete against RMTC in the new Carbon League ?

CO2 pistols are even easier to shoot than any of the MPL pistols - and you may even be able to share a CO2 bulb between you ( I am told some of you are a bit on the "tight" side - but naturally I cannot reveal my source)!

Those with bulk fill pistols can even nip down to the local and take a fill of CO2 from the landlords cellar - well you may have been "passing" in any case!

Same format as the MPL - but all cards are scored inwards - no handicaps for pistol type ( they are all recoiless) so they are much easier to understand, and the same for everyone.

4 cards to be shot at 10 meters - 5 shots per card during the first week of every month ( the week after the MPL each month).

Takes too much time..what to shoot just 4 cards per month?

Too easy?.lets wait and see !
    Last edited by zooma; 19-12-2012 at 08:46 PM.

As you say - 'CO2 pistols are easier to shoot' unlike the MPL were the shooter provides the energy. Just an idea - as CO2 is easier on the shooter how about 5 shots at 6 cards?

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    As you say - 'CO2 pistols are easier to shoot' unlike the MPL were the shooter provides the energy. Just an idea - as CO2 is easier on the shooter how about 5 shots at 6 cards?

ATB
    Ian
    Your PM box is full so I cannot send the reply regarding your CO2 filling question.