Steve Wilson - 247 Tau 7
    Bob Stiles. - 246 - FWB Mod 2
    Richard Shepherd - 236 - Alfa Prod.
    Ray Boucher - 232. - FWB C10.
    Geoff Radovic - 229 - FWB C20.
    Jackie Radovic - 229 - FWB C10

HTH
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 23-01-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Additional scores.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hopefully we will get John G and John W to shoot some Carbon League cards tonight.

I have plenty of CO2 cylinders filled by TC1 this afternoon ( these should last forever) and I will take my C20 for them to use - so maybe we will get another two entries tonight?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hopefully we will get John G and John W to shoot some Carbon League cards tonight.

I have plenty of CO2 cylinders filled by TC1 this afternoon ( these should last forever) and I will take my C20 for them to use - so maybe we will get another two entries tonight?
    No John W ( maybe the snow had something to do with this - it is a fair old journey for John to get here in bad weather), and John G was well into his bell target shooting tonight so I let Geoff Radovich have a go with my Feinwerkbau C20 and he shot a 48 with his first card!

Not wanting to miss the opportunity to strike at the right time I quickly signed up 6 targets and gave them to him to shoot his first Classic Carbon League targets!

Obviously the minute it becomes serious the pressure drops the score a little, but Geoff shot very well - especially considering he had never shot my pistol before! - Well Done!
    Last edited by zooma; 17-01-2013 at 10:56 PM.

The Carbon Kid ( sometimes known as TC1 and more recently as Ass or Donkey !) has taken Geoff's Carbon League cards and scored them.

It was good to see how Geoff did after just one card with my C20 before being "given the oportunity" to shoot his first round in the Classic Carbon League with it last night.

These cards have now been scored and added to the list Ian is updating (see previous). Geoffs score was 229 - not bad at all for a first attempt, and with a pistol he had not seen before - well done!
    Last edited by zooma; 18-01-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Classic Carbon League Rules

The Classic Carbon League Rules are now completed and displayed on the RMTC site.

We will generate a CCL logo as soon as we come up with a good design for one and make the rules layout look as pretty as the MPL ones, so although we are happy for these rules to be "lifted" and displayed wherever they may find some interest, I would ask for them to be re-lifted when they look more presentable to give the best impression.

Once we have a good logo I will get some decals printed for use on compliant pistols and for use on pistol cases and tool boxes etc.

Now the ( very simple) rules are completed and on display I hope a few more will take part in it to support those that have already "got the ball rolling" as an individual competition, and also hope we will soon have enough taking part to promote inter-club battles along with all the entertaining banter these competitions help to encourage!

So come on Rivvy - only two entries so far - borrow a "gasser" and shoot some cards!

Two more shooters from RMTC had a go at the CCL tonight.

Ian has been sent the details to add to his growing results list!

Any more Rivvy shooters taking part in the CCL yet?

The two new scores have been added.

There will be some glaring over the cornflakes at the Radovic family breakfast.

I shall gee the Rivi lads up tonight and see if they can come up with some more C.C.L. shooters.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

My lovely C25 is still for sale for you classic carbon league lovers. £260 posted and it will shoot tens all day long!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric fwb 65 View Post
    My lovely C25 is still for sale for you classic carbon league lovers. £260 posted and it will shoot tens all day long!
    Is your C25 the early type, or the later variant with the ventilated barrel that has drilled holes along the top of it?

Can you also let me know what is the date on your "CO2 paint pots" Eric?

We have a problem in our local clubs with the C25 due to the announcement from Feinwerkbau regarding the alloy they used to cast the original "paint pots" (used exclusively on the C25/C55) as is has been found to embrittle with age, and unlike the steel CO2 cylinders used on all the other CO2 pistols - they cannot be re-tested for any life extension.

Given the age of all C25 pistols, most will have time expired CO2 pressure cylinders made from an alloy that continues to embrittle with age and so they have been banned from our local club ranges - purley as a safety precaution - but I understand new production replacement "paint pots" may have been manufactured and that they may now have been machined rather than cast from the dubious alloy that caused the warning from Feinwerbau to be displayed on ther site for all to see.

I owned a C25 and found it to be as nice to shoot as all the other Feinwerkbau Model 2, C10 and C20 models but returned it to the supplying dealer once I became aware of the problem with the "paint pot" shaped CO2 cylinders.

The front part of the main frame casting on the C25 is a seperate unit that can be replaced with the similar part from a C20 to hold the more usual tubular steel CO2 cylinder, so in the worst case senario it can be converted back to a C20 in any case, but it would be nice to see the C25 back on our ranges again if new type cylinders are now available to replace the old (sometimes described as "hand grenade" shaped) originals.

The C20 and C25 are essentially the same pistol with only the cylinder type and shape separating them. The theory was that the "paint pot" shaped cylinder brought the balance of the pistol back towards the hand and the sliding counter-weights that could be fitted on a bar in the place of the more normal shaped cylinder could be slid along and adjusted for fine balance adjustment.

Basically a good idea, but the C20 is the more popular pistol and has none of the potential safety issues associated with the cast alloy type "paint pot" cylinders
    Last edited by zooma; 23-01-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Is your C25 the early type, or the later variant with the ventilated barrel that has drilled holes along the top of it?

Can you also let me know what is the date on your "CO2 paint pots" Eric?

We have a problem in our local clubs with the C25 due to the announcement from Feinwerkbau regarding the alloy they used to cast the original "paint pots" (used exclusively on the C25/C55) as is has been found to embrittle with age, and unlike the steel CO2 cylinders used on all the other CO2 pistols - they cannot be re-tested for any life extension.

Given the age of all C25 pistols, most will have time expired CO2 pressure cylinders made from an alloy that continues to embrittle with age and so they have been banned from our local club ranges - purley as a safety precaution - but I understand new production replacement "paint pots" may have been manufactured and that they may now have been machined rather than cast from the dubious alloy that caused the warning from Feinwerbau to be displayed on ther site for all to see.

I owned a C25 and found it to be as nice to shoot as all the other Feinwerkbau Model 2, C10 and C20 models but returned it to the supplying dealer once I became aware of the problem with the "paint pot" shaped CO2 cylinders.

The front part of the main frame casting on the C25 and C20 models is a seperate unit that can be replaced to hold the more usual tubular steel CO2 cylinder, so in the worst case senario it can be converted back to a C20 in any case, but it would be nice to see the C25 back on our ranges again if new type cylinders are now available to replace the old (sometimes described as "hand grenade" shaped) originals.

Hi Zooma, my cylinders were both manufactured in 2011 and all of the previous issues have been resolved. These will remain safe for the next 8 years before requiring testing. My C25 is indeed the newer model with the barrel vents and compensator added. I would not actually be selling it if I was not about to shoot internationally (co2 is not easy to get a supply of at international comps sadly)

Cheers
    Last edited by Eric fwb 65; 23-01-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric fwb 65 View Post
    Hi Zooma, my cylinders were both manufactured in 2011 and all of the previous issues have been resolved. These will remain safe for the next 8 years before requiring testing. My C25 is indeed the newer model with the barrel vents and compensator added. I would not actually be selling it if I was not about to shoot internationally (co2 is not easy to get a supply of at international comps sadly)

Cheers
    Goood Luck with your international shooting - hope to see you at the next Olympics - we need more British shooters at the major events.

thanks Bob, Pm and email sent to you.

The second week of each month is when we shoot the Classic Carbon League so we have another two weeks before we get started.

Get some practice in - lets get started this month!

This 10 year thing is a bit of a nonsense. It is not a scientific assessment with round numbers, like 10 , or 20 for the Morini cylinders. Why 10 why not 9 1/2 or 11 ? These cylinders are still in use after 21 years. Has anyone heard of one blowing up ?

Pressure in a CO2 cylinder is a 1/3 of that in an air cylinder.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    This 10 year thing is a bit of a nonsense. It is not a scientific assessment with round numbers, like 10 , or 20 for the Morini cylinders. Why 10 why not 9 1/2 or 11 ? These cylinders are still in use after 21 years. Has anyone heard of one blowing up ?

Pressure in a CO2 cylinder is a 1/3 of that in an air cylinder.
    You are entitled to your opinion, and as an owner of two C25 pistols I do understand your concern - but as far as the specific CO2 cylinder used on the C25 is concerned we will remain guided by the official statement displayed on the manufacturer's own site concerning the integrity of the alloy used to cast it and also continue to show due caution by banning them from our club range if they have a cylinder that is more than 10 years old.

As most C25 pistols are well over 10 years old (!), and very few have new cylinders, it is fortunate that there are so few around and none of our members owns one and so we are unaffected by this safety issue.

We have a duty of care when members shoot with us, and with such a specific warning about the alloy used to cast these unique air caskets becoming brittle with age and not being suitable for a re-test at 10 years we would not be happy to allow their use alongside any of our members.

As a matter of interest, I did have a C25 and really enjoyed using it, but when I became aware of the potential dangers of using one with a cylinder that is cast from an alloy that caused the manufacturer to warn of its ageing process I returned it to the supplying dealer as both the cylinders on my C25 were older than 10 years when I bought it from him.

I know of no other type of air or gas cylinder that is used on an air pistol that has such a material safety warning attached to it, and so we treat it as a unique case.
    Last edited by zooma; 28-01-2013 at 11:33 AM.