Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Carbon League - Anyone?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    If anyone would like to be best mates with I.J.....
    now there's a poisoned chalice for a brave person to grasp....

ATB
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    He's been a happy bunny tonight,playing with my Pardini K60.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Very nice it was too

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    He's been a happy bunny tonight,playing with my Pardini K60.
    Wait till WE get the chance to play at filling it up.

I shot a 281 over 6 cards last night but the BEST thing is I got a p.b. fill of 266g (short cyl.). Now 274!

ATB
    Karbon Fillin King.

p.s. I know you use that (very expensive) FWB grease on the threads of FWB air cylinders but can you use (cheaper) say Moly grease on the threads of CO2 cylinder threads????
    Last edited by I. J.; 14-02-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Increased fill.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

ATB
    Karbon Fillin King.

p.s. I know you use that (very expensive) FWB grease on the threads of FWB air cylinders but can you use (cheaper) say Moly grease on the threads of CO2 cylinder threads???? [/QUOTE]

The hugely overpriced ( depending where you buy it!) FWB grease is good on the alloy to alloy threads on their PCP cylinders for sure - but the CO2 FWB cylinders have brass threads on the cylinder valve and the receiver part of the pistol, so I would think we should find out what would works the best on brass to brass threads.

It is said that brass "self-lubricates", but a small dab of petroleum jelly should be better than leaving it dry - until we find out what lubricant works best on brass. Some lubes can be very dirty to work with ( like graphite powder) so we may be looking for a compromise in any case!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Results as of 14th Feb.

Andi Mac - 180 Tau 7.
    Geoff Radovic - 231 FWB C20.
    Jackie Radovic - 241 FWB C20
    Steve Wilson - 262 Pardini K60
    Paul Wray - 267 Rhom.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Results as of 14th Feb.

Andi Mac - 180 Tau 7.
    Paul Wray - 267 Rhom.

Geoff and Jackie borrowed my Feinwerkbau C20 to shoot their cards last night - no practice - straight in on a borrowed gun - not at all bad. Jackie hit a 46 and generally got better as the cards went by and beat "hubby" Geoff by 10 points

This is an even better result on reflection when considering the large size of the grips and and the small size of her hands - the grips should have fitted Geoff much better !

My new CO2 pistol arrived this afternoon, so this FWB C20 pistol is now definitely up for sale and will make a strong competitive pistol for use in the CCL.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

What are you Bob doing letting Jackie use the C20?

No practice! Wrong sized grips! And a 46 !!!

Were doomed man - doomed.

I can see me relegated to the kitchen due to my poor CO2 results.

I will shoot my CCL on Tuesday and pray to God that I get at least ONE card above 46 or pass the Marrigolds.

ATB
    TC1

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

... pass the Marigolds.

ATB
    TC1
    I'll donate a frilly pinny to complete your ensemble

ATVB
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Jackies 241

Hubby Geoff here ! As if the 241 straight off the bat with the C20 she had never seen or touched before and beat me by 10 wasn't bad enough, ( please dont sell it to her bob! i want a walther lp400 next ) . she then picked up her FWB P44 and shot a 93 out of 100.... 1x8. 5x9. And 4x10's. good job ther was an 8 in there, after showing this card to both John and Bob it is me that shall be brewing up next week, how many sugars was it for you Ian.
    I've been warned not to go anywhere near her gun as any foul play will result in hubby having a broken trigger finger. DERRRR !

Were doomed I tell you - DOOMED!

One of the best, if not THE best pistol shooters at Rivi is Amanda, the wife of the Pistol Section secretary.

Whatever next? The vote?

Whats special about her scores is that Jackie has not been shooting for very long. I would be hard pressed to equal or beat them scores with what was a totally new to me pistol and, as some one once said about me - "Ian was shooting rats on the Ark!" This was total lies of course, they were mice.

p.s. Well done Jackie.
    Geoff, 2 sugars.

ATB
    TC1
    Last edited by I. J.; 16-02-2013 at 03:49 PM.

To put the record straight! Jackie started shooting only 13 months ago, which just goes to prove that this sport is not age or gender specific, is it Ian. That'll be 2 sugars then, consider it done.
    I wonder what those dials are for at the rear of my pistol ! If I twiddle them a bit maybe that might help !

Jackie may well be an outstanding pistol shot but she is truly world class when it comes to brewing up, best black coffee with two sugars outside of my kitchen!! Just imagine how good she would be if brown sugar was available it's just getting tougher for my ex teammates at Rivi all the time " just need that magic hat Paul "

'Magic hat'??? Just borrow one of ours Gladys as hes got a couple. I often hear people say "Wheres that two hat gone with the milk?"

In the brewing stakes between Rivi and MTC our Gladys doesn't hold a spoon against Jackies brews (soon to be Geoffs. )

Glad likes a ginger nut biccy with his brews. Its my quest in life to find a supplier of laxative ginger nuts.

ATB
    TC1

Andi Mac - 180 Tau 7.
    Ian Jones - 256 C20.
    John Ward - 261 C10
    Paul Wray - 267 Rhom.
    Last edited by I. J.; 27-02-2013 at 10:32 AM.