Thread: TAC pistols - where can they be used?

TAC pistols - where can they be used?

In light of what is going on at the moment north of the border I was wondering where Brocock TAC that have been licensed on FAC's can legally be used. For example can you plink with them in the garden or in doors / garage etc? Or can they only be used at a club?

I would presume that should all air pistols require a FAC then the same rules (whatever they are) would apply

In terms of club use, I believe that they can be used IF the club is cleared for FAC airguns and has the necessary insurance.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    In terms of club use, I believe that they can be used IF the club is cleared for FAC airguns and has the necessary insurance.
    Phil
    Looking at the BFTO website it says that the ranges are not authorised for FAC air so its sub 12ft/lb only - however TAC pistols are allowed provided there is a valid FAC

TAC are pistols are sub 6ftlbs (from what I've read, I also don't think even the rifles got anywhere near 12) but are on ticket. So I guess the quandary is that the power makes it fine, but an external reason (self contained cartridge) makes it FAC

I have several and you can use them anywhere you are allowed legally to shoot an Airpistol.

This includes your backgarden, club or even in the shower should you want
    Zastava Owners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
    I have several and you can use them anywhere you are allowed legally to shoot an Airpistol.

This includes your backgarden, club or even in the shower should you want
    Thats somewhat reassuring (the fact that you can shoot them in your garden that is, the shower has never occurred to me )