Thread: Gamo Compact Storage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bit of an update. I am checking the gun over and it would appear as though the barrel and the breech to not meet. There is a good 5mm gap between the breech and the port. Anyone had this issue before?

hi there, open the gun and see how the barrel is fixed, might be u'll have to slacken the fixing screws and slide the barrel back a little ??? i could be wrong but i seem to think the barrel fixing bracket can go two ways as the holes arn't central on the fixing plate
    Last edited by gc93; 19-12-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Just done that, loosened the barrel fixing screw, closed the gun and slid the barrel back to the face of the port. Pellet in, fired but still nothing. Got to say it does feel underpowered when firing.

How does the gun feel as you compress & close the top? Can you feel or hear air escaping after you have closed it. If you leave it for 5 minutes and then fire, is there a massive difference from firing straight away. These tests are best done without a pellet in the breech.

ATB
    Andy.

I'll give that a go. When closing the gun after cocking there is definitely a healthy pressure there but that doesn't seem to translate into what I am feeling upon firing. I will do the pressure checks now and report back.
    Thanks for all the help by the way, it is very much appreciated.

To be honest, unless you are a long distance from the shop where you bought it, I'd take it back to them & let them do all the fiddling about. If you do too much, then take it back, they might say that you've done the damage to it.
    ATB
    Andy.

Well the pressure is fine, exactly the same whether straight after cocking or if left for a bit. I can only assume that the air is venting into the cavity around the breech and I am just getting a small breeze exiting though the side of the frame. I will leave it as is for the minute and call McAvoys in the morning as they are closed all day today.
    I don't have any Pellgun oil so I am unable to lubricate the internals but going off the rest of the gun, I doubt they are dry. McAvoys had just taken delivery of the gun and it's protective bag had a good amount of lubrication inside that was still wet. Hey ho, looks like another road trip tomorrow.

Also, if you hold gun on end, so you can put a drop of oil on the breach hole, then pull arm up it will suck the oil into the breach seal opening and get into the valve seals. Worth a try. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.