Thread: Gamo PR45 with a problem....Ideas please?

Gamo PR45 with a problem....Ideas please?

I've got a Gamo PR45 pistol, converted to .22 with a machined Weihrauch barrel which I quite like.

It's recently developed a problem.......It works fine for a few shots then it will either just give off a "phut" and not shoot the pellet at all or sometimes there will be a delay of a second or two between pulling the trigger and it actually firing the pellet......Odd!

The breach seal seems ok so any ideas please SSP tinkering gents?

Cheers

Are you lubing after 250 pellets? I use two drops of oil down air intake hole. I've improved my trigger by putting a washer over the post that holds the spring, then attaching the spring to the washer, thus lightening the weight. This has made a massive difference to the trigger pull, it was too heavy for me before. Also, if its a sticking valve, you could try slightly opening the barrel arm with the muzzle pointing up, the put a drop or two of oil on the breach hole, then fully cock so the oil is sucked into the valve system. A good lube sometimes sorts these problems. My PR45 is great now except for a crack in the plastic frame, just under the pivot pin above the grip. Don't know what's caused that. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

What oil would you recomend?
    Air Arms TX200 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22
    Webley Mk1 .177, Gamo Compact

Quote Originally Posted by charliesdad View Post
    What oil would you recomend?
    Magic9 ssp oil. Or Pellgunoil. Magicniners website is definitely worth a look.http://www.magic9designltd.com/
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Cheers mate
    Air Arms TX200 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22
    Webley Mk1 .177, Gamo Compact

Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    Are you lubing after 250 pellets? I use two drops of oil down air intake hole. I've improved my trigger by putting a washer over the post that holds the spring, then attaching the spring to the washer, thus lightening the weight. This has made a massive difference to the trigger pull, it was too heavy for me before. Also, if its a sticking valve, you could try slightly opening the barrel arm with the muzzle pointing up, the put a drop or two of oil on the breach hole, then fully cock so the oil is sucked into the valve system. A good lube sometimes sorts these problems. My PR45 is great now except for a crack in the plastic frame, just under the pivot pin above the grip. Don't know what's caused that. ATB. Pete.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Your valves not opening properly mate....PM me if you want to.