Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gamo Compact Storage?

Just done that, loosened the barrel fixing screw, closed the gun and slid the barrel back to the face of the port. Pellet in, fired but still nothing. Got to say it does feel underpowered when firing.

How does the gun feel as you compress & close the top? Can you feel or hear air escaping after you have closed it. If you leave it for 5 minutes and then fire, is there a massive difference from firing straight away. These tests are best done without a pellet in the breech.

ATB
    Andy.

I'll give that a go. When closing the gun after cocking there is definitely a healthy pressure there but that doesn't seem to translate into what I am feeling upon firing. I will do the pressure checks now and report back.
    Thanks for all the help by the way, it is very much appreciated.

Also, if you hold gun on end, so you can put a drop of oil on the breach hole, then pull arm up it will suck the oil into the breach seal opening and get into the valve seals. Worth a try. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

To be honest, unless you are a long distance from the shop where you bought it, I'd take it back to them & let them do all the fiddling about. If you do too much, then take it back, they might say that you've done the damage to it.
    ATB
    Andy.

Well the pressure is fine, exactly the same whether straight after cocking or if left for a bit. I can only assume that the air is venting into the cavity around the breech and I am just getting a small breeze exiting though the side of the frame. I will leave it as is for the minute and call McAvoys in the morning as they are closed all day today.
    I don't have any Pellgun oil so I am unable to lubricate the internals but going off the rest of the gun, I doubt they are dry. McAvoys had just taken delivery of the gun and it's protective bag had a good amount of lubrication inside that was still wet. Hey ho, looks like another road trip tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Odjick29 View Post
    Well the pressure is fine, exactly the same whether straight after cocking or if left for a bit. I can only assume that the air is venting into the cavity around the breech and I am just getting a small breeze exiting though the side of the frame. I will leave it as is for the minute and call McAvoys in the morning as they are closed all day today.
    I don't have any Pellgun oil so I am unable to lubricate the internals but going off the rest of the gun, I doubt they are dry. McAvoys had just taken delivery of the gun and it's protective bag had a good amount of lubrication inside that was still wet. Hey ho, looks like another road trip tomorrow.
    Try some different pellets if you have any. Gamo pellets are not always the best for the Compact and PR45's.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Don't lose heart. Its a great gun. You've just been unlucky like many of us. I think nowadays, we're all mad to think everything will go smoothly. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Thanks, I have some Eley pellets here that I can have a go with, we'll see if they get anywhere!! It's disappointing for a new gun not to work and that is compounded by the Gamo quality approved sticker still on the butt!! It is a lovely gun though and I will be happy to either replace for another or even get this one sent away for repair. I am still looking forward to fettling the trigger and adjusting the grip to fit perfectly which will involve Dremel and re-oiling, so I still have plenty of enthusiasm for the gun.
    Thanks again chaps, great help and advice.
    Jon.

Well it's been a long afternoon but I may have solved the problem. I think the seal between the breech and the port were not right and it was only by adjusting and readjusting time after time that I finally got it right and the pellets are flying. They seem to flying at a healthy pace too but I will chrono it on Sunday at the club to make sure. I do know for certain it likes Eley match pellets better than the Gamo ones it came with. Much happier than I was earlier though. Hopefully a bit of persistence has paid off.

Well it's been a long afternoon but I may have solved the problem. I think the seal between the breech and the port were not right and it was only by adjusting and readjusting time after time that I finally got it right and the pellets are flying. They seem to flying at a healthy pace too but I will chrono it on Sunday at the club to make sure. I do know for certain it likes Eley match pellets better than the Gamo ones it came with. Much happier than I was earlier though. Hopefully a bit of persistence has paid off.
    Glad you're making progress. I use geco's and Hobby's in all my guns.

I have just been reading about the Geco's, I was also looking at the R10's so I think I will try both and see which get the best results. I need some now anyway as I put the rest of the Eleys through it today!! Happy with my choice of gun again.

Geco should be fine, but be careful with Hobbys as they are considerably larger at the tail and are hard to seat correctly with your funger or thumb. They are also heavier so will have less velocity, especially with such a low powered gun.

We got a sample tin of H & N Econo with our last bulk order of Gecos & Hobbys and the general impression in our club is that they are a more consistent size compared to Geco. Our next bulk order will be Econo.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Thanks for that, hadn't even looked at them but will do now.

gammo trigger

is there a mod for the gamo compact trigger please can anyone enlighten me please