Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Think I'll Stop Collecting Air Rifles .

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

I Think I'll Stop Collecting Air Rifles .

Coz to be honest, I've now got 16 nice guns of which I set out to collect and I dont really think I need any more !
    Odd you may think but unlike some of you illustrious Gentlemen on here who have some fantastic and enviable collections, I'm happy with what I've got !
    I dont really shoot them anymore apart from the odd "plink" in the garden or on permission land although I'll probably do more after I retire in four years or so, thats the plan anyway ?

So, all in all I'm pretty content with "my particular lot" but I wish everyone in "Kollectors Korner" all the best in their endeavours !

Anyone else feel the same ?

John. (Blackrider)
    “An airgun or two”………

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Said similar, then changed my mind, three times over the last year. You see there will always be that particular air gun that crops up that you didn't know you wanted until you see it for sale. Nope, like me and many others on here, you are DOOMED. You will buy more.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Coz to be honest, I've now got 16 nice guns of which I set out to collect and I dont really think I need any more !
    Odd you may think but unlike some of you illustrious Gentlemen on here who have some fantastic and enviable collections, I'm happy with what I've got !
    I dont really shoot them anymore apart from the odd "plink" in the garden or on permission land although I'll probably do more after I retire in four years or so, thats the plan anyway ?

So, all in all I'm pretty content with "my particular lot" but I wish everyone in "Kollectors Korner" all the best in their endeavours !

John. (Blackrider)
    John the best thing to do with a daft post like this is to delete it, my friend. You'll only have to eat your words when an irresistible bargain turns up down the line. Others have made similar posts in the hope of stiffening their resolve (you know who you are, Alistair), only for their 'inner collector' to emerge at a later date.

No offence, by the way, I wish you luck, I really do.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I Think I'll Stop Collecting Air Rifles.....
    An excellent idea cos' now you move on to the whole new world of collecting air Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Said similar, then changed my mind, three times over the last year. You see there will always be that particular air gun that crops up that you didn't know you wanted until you see it for sale. Nope, like me and many others on here, you are DOOMED. You will buy more.
    When I got back into the sport 6 years ago, I had .6 rifles in mind.

I've still got to find 2 of those, somehow I currently have 28 rifles and 8 pistols.

There is no cure to this affliction.

Atb
    Sean

Hi John

Hope you're OK mate

I'm getting the urge again to sell off most of my guns and just keep a few, I think it's the Scottish situation and having the feeling that it's a pre curser to what will happen here

It may be other things too like having loads of guns and nowhere to shoot any of them

Hey Ho!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

A few years back I decided to focus my collecting on antique firearms and therefore decided to sell airgun collection.

Guess what? In the last few years, not only have I managed to build a fair collection of antique firearms but I've also managed to build another collection of airguns too!

You see. There is no cure!

At one point I had about 55 air rifles and pistols but, now we're moving home, I've had to dispose of most of them. I still have a dozen rifles although only a few of them are what you'd call collector items. As we know, however, if we spot something irresistible in a shop (as I did the other week with a FWB Sport), it just has to be acquired!

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

I think I have a problem!!!!!!!!!

I am now up to 91 (rifles I mean not age) and still want the nearly unobtainable rifle. Am seeking treatment, but only from very good looking young ladies (but only of a legal age I hasten to point out) ! Ah but that might be another expensive route to hopeless addiction and problems with the wife. Michael

Quote Originally Posted by jasper100 View Post
    I am now up to 91 (rifles I mean not age) and still want the nearly unobtainable rifle. Am seeking treatment, but only from very good looking young ladies (but only of a legal age I hasten to point out) ! Ah but that might be another expensive route to hopeless addiction and problems with the wife. Michael
    91 !!!

That makes me feel far more normal; as I only have about 60

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

This thread is rubbish without pictures

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    91 !!!

That makes me feel far more normal; as I only have about 60

Matty
    I too, feel far better now so I'm glad I persisted reading this thread! I don't now need the treatment I thought I may have to seek!! However, I am on my third collection, having disposed of all the earlier items! And, living in Scotland with all the uncertain certainty (it's certain something will happen but appears uncertain what it may be!).

Merry Christmas to all the gentlemen of this little corner and a Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

John. (Blackrider)
    good luck with your escape, send a message when you are safely on the outside,, run fast and run far !!
    (see you when your back inside)
    atb
    paul
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

Prosperous New Year

David. I thank your for your seasonal gesture, however given my problems a Prosperous New Year it will not be. But on the other hand I will be happy with either on my addictions. (As an after thought for the one addiction it is desirable to have lead in your rifle for the best results, for the other it can give give you results you did not want if you have lead in your rifle) Michael

On a more serious note.

If any serious collectors ever decide to sell part or all of their collections and can't face the thought of selling them individually. I would take whole or part collections, so please note my email address and keep me in mind.
    Regards Michael Green