Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Think I'll Stop Collecting Air Rifles .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    I find that being perpetually skint helps no end It's just frustrating.
    'Fostering' is WHY Im perpetually skint. Adoptions dont come cheap.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

At one point I had about 55 air rifles and pistols but, now we're moving home, I've had to dispose of most of them. I still have a dozen rifles although only a few of them are what you'd call collector items. As we know, however, if we spot something irresistible in a shop (as I did the other week with a FWB Sport), it just has to be acquired!

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

I think I have a problem!!!!!!!!!

I am now up to 91 (rifles I mean not age) and still want the nearly unobtainable rifle. Am seeking treatment, but only from very good looking young ladies (but only of a legal age I hasten to point out) ! Ah but that might be another expensive route to hopeless addiction and problems with the wife. Michael

Quote Originally Posted by jasper100 View Post
    I am now up to 91 (rifles I mean not age) and still want the nearly unobtainable rifle. Am seeking treatment, but only from very good looking young ladies (but only of a legal age I hasten to point out) ! Ah but that might be another expensive route to hopeless addiction and problems with the wife. Michael
    91 !!!

That makes me feel far more normal; as I only have about 60

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

This thread is rubbish without pictures

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    91 !!!

That makes me feel far more normal; as I only have about 60

Matty
    I too, feel far better now so I'm glad I persisted reading this thread! I don't now need the treatment I thought I may have to seek!! However, I am on my third collection, having disposed of all the earlier items! And, living in Scotland with all the uncertain certainty (it's certain something will happen but appears uncertain what it may be!).

Merry Christmas to all the gentlemen of this little corner and a Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Prosperous New Year

David. I thank your for your seasonal gesture, however given my problems a Prosperous New Year it will not be. But on the other hand I will be happy with either on my addictions. (As an after thought for the one addiction it is desirable to have lead in your rifle for the best results, for the other it can give give you results you did not want if you have lead in your rifle) Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Coz to be honest, I've now got 16 nice guns of which I set out to collect and I dont really think I need any more !
    Odd you may think but unlike some of you illustrious Gentlemen on here who have some fantastic and enviable collections, I'm happy with what I've got !
    I dont really shoot them anymore apart from the odd "plink" in the garden or on permission land although I'll probably do more after I retire in four years or so, thats the plan anyway ?

So, all in all I'm pretty content with "my particular lot" but I wish everyone in "Kollectors Korner" all the best in their endeavours !

Anyone else feel the same ?

John. (Blackrider)
    good luck with your escape, send a message when you are safely on the outside,, run fast and run far !!
    (see you when your back inside)
    atb
    paul
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

Coz to be honest, I've now got 16 nice guns of which I set out to collect and I dont really think I need any more !
    Odd you may think but unlike some of you illustrious Gentlemen on here who have some fantastic and enviable collections, I'm happy with what I've got !
    I dont really shoot them anymore apart from the odd "plink" in the garden or on permission land although I'll probably do more after I retire in four years or so, thats the plan anyway ?

So, all in all I'm pretty content with "my particular lot" but I wish everyone in "Kollectors Korner" all the best in their endeavours !

John. (Blackrider)
    I stopped a long time ago. Now I am just "completing" the collection...
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Collections

Well Gentlemen,
    I have to say I feel rather inadequate now as I only have 13 rifles and six pistols, and I was thinking about getting rid of them.

Perhaps I can find some medication to improve this
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

Angry

John. (Blackrider)
    Well I feel for you.
    My obsession with airguns has just got me banned from the sales section because they think I'm an RFD
    I have this tendency to get all carried away, you know how it goes, buy an Ultra and think "wow this is great - I want another one!". So off I go and buy another one, then a Contour seems like a good idea as well. So then I've got three cracking compact air rifles (and scopes and a pump), some time later I'm thinking about the grand I've got tied up in these air rifles and feeling guilty, so they all go in the sales section.
    Then, wanting something simple, buy a springer, find it disappointing, start thinking "those Ultras were great" and the cycle repeats, and then repeats again... When I think about the amount of money I've lost
    I've finally arrived at one HW99s (shortened barrel, QD stock and it shoots brilliantly) and an HW45 and I'm determined to not buy any more - how many guns can you shoot at once?

Sorry Bob, but I am not convinced. Go on, admit it, you want more guns, you neeeeed more guns. To hell with it. Just buy them!!!!!

Andy ( currently seeking counselling)
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

How many guns does it take to be a collector?

I have five, but I'd say only three of those constitute "the collection": Feinwerkbaus 65, 300S and 127. That's pretty much what I've wanted for a good while, a target rifle, target pistol and a sporter, all top quality, all from the 1970s.

I have an Original 23, which does duty as a training rifle for my young nephews.

My HW35E doesn't quite fit in, as it's from 1980. If only it had been made a couple of months earlier! However, it fulfills the roles of "open sighted sporter" and ".177 sporter". Of course, a FWB124 would be ideal to fill that gap, but...

No more. I have enough. Really.

Matt
    Last edited by Nikkormat; 30-07-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spelling

The problem is that you don't Matt! From your description of such fine classic guns currently in your possession, I reckon you definitely need a good 124 with a nice period scope. Finding one at a sensible price is likely to be the problem.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    The problem is that you don't Matt! From your description of such fine classic guns currently in your possession, I reckon you definitely need a good 124 with a nice period scope. Finding one at a sensible price is likely to be the problem.

Andy
    I think it's inevitable, I'll give in one day.

Then I'll want a Weihrauch target rifle to go with the HW35, so it'll have to be a HW55, and a pistol to complete the set, so a HW70, and my nephews are growing so fast I'll need an Original 25 for them, then a 27, and if I've got a 27 I might as well have the accompanying target rifle, so a Model 75, and a pistol to match the rifle, so a Model 10, then a full size Original sporter to complete the set...

Matt