Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Co2 pistol reliability

I have a CP99 and I use one of those 7 mag quick reloaders, and I've never had any bother with the gun, in fact I think it's a brilliant wee pistol, accurate, and reliable, I drop a blob of oil with one of those needle type oilers on the co2 piercer roughly after every third co2 bulb and just a drop of oil on the moving parts about once a month, I also do the same for my Alecto, and that shoots a treat as well.
    I bought another co2 bulb mag the other day, so I can swap mags when blasting at ally cans and the co2 starts to cool down too much. I did have the silencer on the CP, but I've found that she balances far better without it, and accuracy is much improved. Now if I can only get rid of old mans' shake!
    It's not the destination; but the journey that counts!
    You can take the lad out of Essex; but not Essex out of the lad!

pellet seating tool

Hi,
    i use a papermate biro, fits exactly and seats pellets nicely

Geko's are finger push fine in my Umarex 686, however Hobbys are not and I find the lid of a tube of Pellgun oil is a good tool to push them home with in the mags.

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1943 View Post
    I have a CP99 and I use one of those 7 mag quick reloaders, and I've never had any bother with the gun, in fact I think it's a brilliant wee pistol, accurate, and reliable, I drop a blob of oil with one of those needle type oilers on the co2 piercer roughly after every third co2 bulb and just a drop of oil on the moving parts about once a month, I also do the same for my Alecto, and that shoots a treat as well.
    I bought another co2 bulb mag the other day, so I can swap mags when blasting at ally cans and the co2 starts to cool down too much. I did have the silencer on the CP, but I've found that she balances far better without it, and accuracy is much improved. Now if I can only get rid of old mans' shake!
    I dug out the old 99 that I had junked out of frustration. I loaded 5 new magazines seated the pellets, loaded a new co2 and away it went with not one stoppage. Pellet seating. After all the messing about and frustrations I had with that pistol, it was me all the time not seating the pellets. The CP99 is now one of my favourite pistols. Could you tell me where you bought your spare co2 mag as I will be needing one of those myself.?

Co2 Pistol reliability

I have now fired over 500 pellets through my pistols, a Colt 1911A1, a Walther CP99 and a H+K P30 ( which incidentally comes with a plastic pellet seating tool as standard) and have not had one stoppage since seating my pellets. To say I am pleased would be an understatement. Previously although they have been fun Umarex pistols were always a bit unreliable due to the stoppages and jams. Such a simple solution to such an annoying problem. If only I had known this before lol. Thanks to all those on here who responded. now on the hunt for loads more spare magazines lol.
    Alan

[/QUOTE] I dug out the old 99 that I had junked out of frustration. I loaded 5 new magazines seated the pellets, loaded a new co2 and away it went with not one stoppage. Pellet seating. After all the messing about and frustrations I had with that pistol, it was me all the time not seating the pellets. The CP99 is now one of my favourite pistols. Could you tell me where you bought your spare co2 mag as I will be needing one of those myself? [/QUOTE]

Funny you should ask about the mags for the CP99, as I've just got the new bulb mag, I decided to get some more pellet mags, so I looked on a couple of sites where I've bought equipment before and I ordered two sets of three mags from JS Ramsbottom, mailto:sales@jsramsbottom.com, the cost including postage is £33:47, (that was the cheapest I had seen). What you need to buy is the quickloader, that seats 7 mags at a time, it cuts out the fiddling and all the pellets are properly located, (Ramsbottom supply those as well), only snag is: you tend to shoot a lot more, it's very easy to go through a tin of 500 pellets in three to four sessions! I'm getting about 80-90 shots per co2 bulb, and you can fairly go through them shooting at the ally cans, my son saves them up for me.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...e/100_1267.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...Shoot_0784.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...Shoot_0785.jpg

Thanks for the info. I like your idea hanging the cans on a line. My mrs uses a rotary line so I will have to set up my own lol.
    Alan

I have a cp88 6"nickel with walnut grips, its a well made gun, just you have to get the magazine in correctly or they just jam up :/

Quote Originally Posted by schony View Post
    Thanks for the info. I like your idea hanging the cans on a line. My mrs uses a rotary line so I will have to set up my own lol.
    Alan
    I see Alan, that you live in Essex; I'm an Essex lad myself, born in Walthamstow, and my last home in Essex was in Westcliff-on-Sea before being sent to S. Wales and then to N. Ireland where I ended up. I was in Mersea island last year at a big motorcycle rally, weather was great the whole weekend there, when I was a kid, always remembered we had great summers, but the winters were bitterly cold, used to go fishing off Southend Pier, great in the summer; but oh, so bitter in the winter!