Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
Hows the quality of materials used back to back,ive just got a hw98 more or less a hw95,i would like to see if the smk comes close to build quality ive dabbled with smk in the early daysbout 3years ago,i know the 98 will last me a lifetime,i would b supprised if the smk would last a monthif it came to me spending £100more for the 95...i would save up as the saying goes you get what you pay for,most chinese products are poor cheap n poor,made by people who dont know what there making or doing,i dont know why so many people on hear are messing about with them when we have air arms,and yes i have 3 of there fantastic air guns.
The finish isn't as good as a HW, the blueing is very grey and not that deep and they are very rough around the edges but if you spent a couple of hours just finishing them off they are perfectly capable of lasting for years of good shooting, don't knock the Chinese because they have the balls to copy other manafacturers designs, yes I know and othes know that it is moraly wrong to do what they do but if people wish to buy them then they will, some of us like to tinker and try to improve and they are perfectly fine for that use, surely it's better to get someone into our sport by getting them on the shooting ladder by buying a cheap Chinese or Turkish air rifle and then at a later date when they've saved and improved they can then buy an Air Arms or HW.
Also like has been said in the past, not to long ago HW's where having bad QC problems and people were having to replace cut off springs, at least with Chinese rifles springs they were finished properly, fair enough the spring may have been made from fuse wire but at least it didn't chew up the innards.

Pete